A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing lights on remote lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing lights on remote lock

My car is a 2005 W12. When I lock the car it gives me no acknowledgement at all. It wasn't always like this but I don't recall exactly which lights used to flash. I had problems with the battery some time ago and even now there are periodic days when the new battery goes down to almost 10% if I leave the car for 3 days without using it. When I unlock the car with the remote, it does flash and at night will light up the headlights for 5 seconds or so. So usually now I have to unlock the car, then lock it just to convince myself that the car is responding to commands.
I have VCDS but have no idea after lots of trawling, which module I can change its code to get the lights to flash on locking

Another strange thing that happened once when I had to take out, recharge and re-install the battery is that the steering would withdraw when I turned off the ignition and reset to my comfort position when I climbed back in. This it did for a while but suddenly it stopped. This is a cool feature that I would like to get back. How and where in VCDS can I code this as well?

I also recently installed a set of upgrade LCD rear tailights. OEM parts. I was told by many that this was a plug and play item but ever since I installed them I have been getting a rear light bulb error on the rear RH unit, the lights however work fine its just the error showing on the dash and in the VCDS scan.

Lots of other problems but Ill settle for fixing these 3 for now,
Regards