A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper turn signal delete / euro bumper guard source found

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Front bumper turn signal delete / euro bumper guard source found

Found this euro-spec bumper guard part for $50 while surfing the web today, seems I remember reading that some folks here want to eliminate the redundant front amber marker lamp. Here ya go. I have never heard of or dealt with this company, BTW.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good price for those, but I would prefer to have a clear lense instead of solid replacement panel, there is a good possibility you could fail a vehicle inspection with these since DOT requires the reflective panel there.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ohsigmachi
That is a good price for those, but I would prefer to have a clear lense instead of solid replacement panel, there is a good possibility you could fail a vehicle inspection with these since DOT requires the reflective panel there.
I thought about that as well...probably doesn't exist though...this is a great price, my only concern would be a good color match. :|
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got them off OEMplus for $120 if I remember correctly. Installation took a while since I was way too careful and didn't want to break any tabs (about an hour). Car looks amazing afterwards, really adds a great touch. Gave it to a shop by my house to paint the pieces and the front plate filler/delete. They did it all for $100 and I had it the next day.

I have never been pulled over for not having the amber lights and I'm going to get my car inspected in May so I'll report back with how the NJ inspection is. Frankly I'm not too worried since last I heard all they check for in NJ is emissions due to the latest budget constraints. You can roll in with 5% tint and your dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and you'll still pass.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jan_PL_S6
I got them off OEMplus for $120 if I remember correctly. Installation took a while since I was way too careful and didn't want to break any tabs (about an hour). Car looks amazing afterwards, really adds a great touch. Gave it to a shop by my house to paint the pieces and the front plate filler/delete. They did it all for $100 and I had it the next day.

I have never been pulled over for not having the amber lights and I'm going to get my car inspected in May so I'll report back with how the NJ inspection is. Frankly I'm not too worried since last I heard all they check for in NJ is emissions due to the latest budget constraints. You can roll in with 5% tint and your dashboard lit up like a christmas tree and you'll still pass.
Pretty correct as far as NJ inspection. I just inspected mine without a front plate and no issues, although I'm sure they probably noted it down somewhere....any pictures of your car with the delete?

Also what did you do with the connection/bulb? Just tape it to the inside of the bumper?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CobraCommander
Also what did you do with the connection/bulb? Just tape it to the inside of the bumper?
Not even. The bulb stays secure in the amber light housing and its connected by one of those clip/switch/connectors that you find all over the car. Cable is pretty short so I just stuffed it into this little hole there so it wouldn't rattle around if I remember correctly. No tape or anything needed since it stuck in pretty snug.

I'll take a quick picture of the light from the inside and I'll find a better picture of the car.

Here's a quick picture of how it looks. Hopefully I'll be able to get some nice shots in the next few weeks.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jan_PL_S6; 04-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The top one is $65. Just replaced it. It would be cheaper to delete it.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, that looks really good. I should do this and the front plate delete.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I found a couple guys (on VWVortex) who ordered from these guys and the items ship from China and took two months, so if you're in a hurry...

Jan, your front end looks great! Man, are the (pre-"facelift") D3 cars the best looking cars on the planet or what!?

Quick Reply: Front bumper turn signal delete / euro bumper guard source found