A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of power to MMI controler, A8 2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Tell me more about this tuner.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DVB-T

Originally Posted by the_duke
Tell me more about this tuner.
It only works on the other side of the pond.....

Old 07-02-2016, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi MMI Unit not working - need recommendation for Auto Elec

Originally Posted by jwrmoore
Ok great advice guys! Should I just take it to an auto electrician? And does anybody have the part number for the MMI control panel please?
Hi, sadly had the liquid spillage disaster with my 58 plated Audi A6 Allroad MMI control panel. Unit is now largely inoperative although the radio plays very softly on BBC R4 and screen works some of the time but has defaulted back to German. No LEDs are lit on the control panel and controls do not do anything.

I really need a good Auto Electrician with an excellent knowledge of this system to sort it out. I don't want to pay main dealer prices. I am in Leeds, UK but willing to travel. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks

John
Old 07-02-2016, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by John_Duffy
Hi, sadly had the liquid spillage disaster with my 58 plated Audi A6 Allroad MMI control panel. Unit is now largely inoperative although the radio plays very softly on BBC R4 and screen works some of the time but has defaulted back to German. No LEDs are lit on the control panel and controls do not do anything.

I really need a good Auto Electrician with an excellent knowledge of this system to sort it out. I don't want to pay main dealer prices. I am in Leeds, UK but willing to travel. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks

John
For the most accurate information, I recommend going to the part of the forum actually for your car. That said, you can try to take out the mmi controller and clean the circuit board and buttons with alcohol, and if that doesn't work, pull one from a donor car and install it. if you're just looking to throw money at it, there are a couple UK members here who may be able to point you to a mechanic.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jack88
For the most accurate information, I recommend going to the part of the forum actually for your car. That said, you can try to take out the mmi controller and clean the circuit board and buttons with alcohol, and if that doesn't work, pull one from a donor car and install it. if you're just looking to throw money at it, there are a couple UK members here who may be able to point you to a mechanic.
Hi Jack, thanks for that! I have indeed taken the board out a few times, probably not soon enough after the incident, but the last time I had a friend give it a full ultrasonic bath and warm air dry. Although I am not keen to throw money at it, I could spend a lot on donor parts and get nowhere, so I thought an independent Electrician would be a good option. I will go looking for my car on the forum, thanks for the tip.. This was my first post so I have no clear idea yet on how the forum is organised. All the best, John
Old 03-22-2020, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default NO MMI POWER

Originally Posted by jwrmoore
I tried to duplicate a stuck button with negative results - there's no power at all going to the control unit. Thank you for the contact number, I have booked the car in at an auto electrician tomorrow so hopefully have this resolved soon. Does anyone have the part number for the control module please?
Hey how are you, did you ended up fixing this?? I’m having the samenissue