A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New A8 W12!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brozee
Turns out they weren't working, for whatever reason; so I disabled the driver and passenger.

As an update: Installed all the LED's in the underside of the doors, as well as trunk. In the process of removing the license plate lights. One screw is a huge PITA to remove. Got one removed but trying to get the other without stripping the screw. Major design flaw as they are so difficult to get as they are on an angle as well as screws too soft and tight.
Great car man and it seems like you got a good deal as well.

Can you give impressions on the B&O stereo vs the Bose in your 05 A8?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by milellie111
Great car man and it seems like you got a good deal as well.

Can you give impressions on the B&O stereo vs the Bose in your 05 A8?
To really tell a difference you must listen to a high quality song. Listening to anything on AM/FM sounds the same as well as a low quality mp3. Overall it seems to have more of a surround feature to it, as well as it embraces you more in teh sound than the Bose. It is also a bit more crisp or clear. It is nice to have, but if buying new I wouldn't pay up for the option. Two thumbs up, but I didn't think the bose system in my 4.2 sounded bad in any way. Both excellent sound systems.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It may seem a long way round...

But after I looked at the condition of the exposed screws, and the potential for damage, I just removed the boot lid liner, and took the whole assembly out from the inside, allowing me to apply torque to the screws at the correct angle. But I agree with you, design flaw...

K9

p.s. can anyone tell me how the boot lid latch goes back together? LOL

Turns out they weren't working, for whatever reason; so I disabled the driver and passenger.

As an update: Installed all the LED's in the underside of the doors, as well as trunk. In the process of removing the license plate lights. One screw is a huge PITA to remove. Got one removed but trying to get the other without stripping the screw. Major design flaw as they are so difficult to get as they are on an angle as well as screws too soft and tight.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by K9COP
But after I looked at the condition of the exposed screws, and the potential for damage, I just removed the boot lid liner, and took the whole assembly out from the inside, allowing me to apply torque to the screws at the correct angle. But I agree with you, design flaw...

K9

p.s. can anyone tell me how the boot lid latch goes back together? LOL
After My fingers are numb now I finally got the license plate light housings out, and the LED's in. Had to findout which way they are put in, because they are polarized. Now is all good. Putting the screws back in was near impossible, would only screw in half way of what they were originally and the housing had some play and was a little loose. So rather than stripping the screw or jamming it in, I grabbed two tiny washers I use to fix xboxs and put that between the screw and the housing and now all is tight and in place. Not visible in any way either, washer is barely bigger than the screw.

As for the boot lid, never took it apart so sorry can't help there.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
What color? Black is absence of color.
Would that then make white the presence of color?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcoupefan
Would that then make white the presence of color?
Everything but black is presence of color. White is mix of them all. Remember spectrum?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mishar
Everything but black is presence of color. White is mix of them all. Remember spectrum?
+1 lol yes. White is all colors. Black is absence of color.

Installing the Hoen xenonmatch fogs today or tomorrow. And having the car tinted on Wednesday.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Pics after the tint please.

And a write up on the details of the tint job would be nice (i.e. Did you remove your own interior, what was the final brand that got stuck to the glass, etc.)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FlyTyinFool
Pics after the tint please.

And a write up on the details of the tint job would be nice (i.e. Did you remove your own interior, what was the final brand that got stuck to the glass, etc.)
Will do. Having it done on Wednesday. No need to remove any interior, the place has done quite a few A8's that is why I chose them. I went with Suntek CXP for the film, limo (5%) in the rear and 20% on the driver and passenger window. Pictures and experience will be posted and noted. Quoted $350, price matched to $325; have a coupon for $30 off via Yelp.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will do. Having it done on Wednesday. No need to remove any interior, the place has done quite a few A8's that is why I chose them. I went with Suntek CXP for the film, limo (5%) in the rear and 20% on the driver and passenger window. Pictures and experience will be posted and noted. Quoted $350, price matched to $325; have a coupon for $30 off via Yelp.
Okay you're doing all kinds of cool stuff to yours. I already have tint -- about 35% all around which is okay for me. I gotta see those fogs. I like the OEM ones but I am betting the Hoen's are just a little brighter.

Quick Reply: My New A8 W12!!!!