A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Much For Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by s4master1
so does every car for sale in the country
we are talking ASF (Audi space frame).
to me it looks too weak in the most important area.
Contact NHTSA if you have a complaint. They will investigate if necessary due to the TREAD act. They will respond to all inquiries. They may choose to tell you to go pound sand up your a$$, but they will respond. Have your ducks in a row when contacting them. If you are not expressing concern of your own vehicle but instead going to cite your years of being a Master Mechanic servicing X Thousand vehicles over this period, best to have a PE's statement along with yours.

Do you feel the same way about the D2 and D4 ASF? If so, why not consult with/to Audi and help them out with the D5 design as I plan to purchase a two year old one around 2019 when my 2004 D3 that you preached all of us should get rid of as they would fall apart last year (Mine has about 174,000 miles on the clock). I plan to get an R8 prior to that as a toy. Any problems with them based on your knowledge?

Last edited by Mister Bally; 08-18-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default pound sand

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Contact NHTSA if you have a complaint. They will investigate if necessary due to the TREAD act. They will respond to all inquiries. They may choose to tell you to go pound sand up your a$$, but they will respond. Have your ducks in a row when contacting them. If you are not expressing concern of your own vehicle but instead going to cite your years of being a Master Mechanic servicing X Thousand vehicles over this period, best to have a PE's statement along with yours.

Do you feel the same way about the D2 and D4 ASF? If so, why not consult with/to Audi and help them out with the D5 design as I plan to purchase a two year old one around 2019 when my 2004 D3 that you preached all of us should get rid of as they would fall apart last year (Mine has about 174,000 miles on the clock). I plan to get an R8 prior to that as a toy. Any problems with them based on your knowledge?
nap time?
no complaint at all, I was considering for the first time the D4 as we are trading the S class early this time and now we just keeping cars for 3 years.
after this definitely not a consideration.
think about it, besides the structural weakness it shows consider the cost of repairs when involved in smaller accidents.
and yes.
this after years and number of cars I see, when I state an opinion/statement/argument or whatever you want to call it is based on hands on experience not just because I favor a particular car.
am not a car person at all, for what is worth I feel safer on a motorcycle than a car, I know many will call me stupid for that and is ok, it just works for me and will not tell them to go pound sand for that.
and since you asked.
the R8s are having issues with the oil pump, as you may already know is a total different configuration to achieve lower center of gravity.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by s4master1
nap time?
no complaint at all, I was considering for the first time the D4 as we are trading the S class early this time and now we just keeping cars for 3 years.
after this definitely not a consideration.
think about it, besides the structural weakness it shows consider the cost of repairs when involved in smaller accidents.
and yes.
this after years and number of cars I see, when I state an opinion/statement/argument or whatever you want to call it is based on hands on experience not just because I favor a particular car.
am not a car person at all, for what is worth I feel safer on a motorcycle than a car, I know many will call me stupid for that and is ok, it just works for me and will not tell them to go pound sand for that.
and since you asked.
the R8s are having issues with the oil pump, as you may already know is a total different configuration to achieve lower center of gravity.
Yes, I am familiar with the dry sump used in the R8 engines.

Back to the ASF, register a complaint with NHTSA. Heck, if this really becomes an epidemic, someone who expressed concerns on a forum and who is registerd with the state of California could become embroiled in public action. Might want to talk to your legal representatives.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I would really like to see a picture of that other half. Actually a few more. Nowadays with all those cameras, phones... A single picture?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
I would really like to see a picture of that other half. ...
Me too Misha.
I searched for it, (no luck) that's how I knew the driver was an Afghani. All the messages of a strange combination of sympathy and schadenfreude from the fellow rag heads for the loss of a brother during this holy time of ramada-inn.

Yes I am a bit intolerant of certain sects while they murder our young troops even as we try to help them. If anyone dislikes my opinion please feel free to move to the middle east, where they'll be well received I'm sure.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would really like to see a picture of that other half. Actually a few more. Nowadays with all those cameras, phones... A single picture?
As would I.
But in the age of "Dirty Laundry" journalism they just show the most shocking picture possible.

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Me too Misha.
I searched for it, (no luck) that's how I knew the driver was an Afghani.

If anyone dislikes my opinion please feel free to move to the middle east, where they'll be well received I'm sure.
Tom this forum is about cars, Audi D3's specifically.

Please take this type of discussion to the Off-topic forum.

Last edited by jakematic; 08-19-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Me too Misha.
I searched for it, (no luck) that's how I knew the driver was an Afghani.
That's strange too. Drunk Afghans speeding in an A8 across America and their friends religious comments.

By the way and not to go further, young Afghan holding US visa and drinking at this time, or drinking at all, is very much alike any young westerner.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jakematic
But in the age of "Dirty Laundry" journalism they just show the most shocking picture possible.
Yes, but this days you can find a picture of your neighbors dog peeing on your loan and can't find this. Not only journalist (single one) was present.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ASF

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Yes, I am familiar with the dry sump used in the R8 engines.

Back to the ASF, register a complaint with NHTSA. Heck, if this really becomes an epidemic, someone who expressed concerns on a forum and who is registerd with the state of California could become embroiled in public action. Might want to talk to your legal representatives.
I never target the A8 specifically, posted pictures of other Audi models in general.
and I also wish can see more pictures of this particular accident, the half we can see almost looks that it came off too easy, specially the roof should at least be twisted.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default pictures

+2

Quick Reply: So Much For Quattro