A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker wire outputs Bang & Olufsen amp

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker wire outputs Bang & Olufsen amp

Hi, I have myself a 2006 S8 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I am wanting to install a Sub/Amp - but am unsure what wires to tap into on either amps in the boot for Hi/Lo converter. My last resort is to tap into the parcel shelf speakers if no one has done a similar install.
Many Thanks.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You want to modify a $6500 sound system option that has a fiber optic interface? I think you would be better off equalizing out what you want rather than adding an amp. The B&O is over amped as it is.

If you want excessive bass, well that is another issue. I tried a 2017 S7 with a B&O this last weekend. My D3 A8 with the Bose has better bass response for things like Funk, Motown, etc. than the new B&O. Mostly because of the woofers in the front doors and the Equalization.

If you want more bass, try turning off the surround processing. On the Bose, putting the system into surround mode really kills the deep bass.

If you are hell bent on adding an additional sub, then tapping into the existing sub is your cheapest option. Anything that ties into the MOST network costs in excess of $1000. I looked into an EQ and instantly got a nosebleed from the high prices.

Tailoring the EQ on the B&O is doable, but to really change things, some hacking of the amps firmware may be required. Better have a spare amp before hacking in case you brick an amp.

Last edited by richard-tx; 12-27-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a brown wire with a lime green stripe and brown wire with a royal blue stripe. These are in the harness coming out of the subwoofer amp (one closest to front of car) Those were the two I used on my 2007 S8 with B&O. This is the high level output that goes to the subwoofer.

Good luck!
​​​​​​
Old 03-26-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

We used the same output wires to the sub from the amp. We used a LC2 line level adapter but as we learned from experience, install a trigger from an ignition on source. The normal trigger from amp will not work because the class D B&O amp will not keep on the line level converter. You will be very happy with the sound of the B&O with an additional amp.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking forward to adding a sub and a amp on my B&O equipped S8. I am still researching this. Id like to see some pics and write up before i dive in though. I know TSHong posted in one of my threads some pretty detailed info and pics, I'll have to study them.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am using an LC2 as well and had the same issue with the auto turn on. I struggled to find a switched circuit for the remote turn-on. What did you use? I found one in the fuse box on the passenger side of the dash, but it doesn't shut down until the car goes to sleep.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 3RDGENFRANK
I am using an LC2 as well and had the same issue with the auto turn on. I struggled to find a switched circuit for the remote turn-on. What did you use? I found one in the fuse box on the passenger side of the dash, but it doesn't shut down until the car goes to sleep.
I really don't know exactly where the stereo shop used for the trigger. I'm in a wheel chair now so I don't wrench on my own stuff anymore. They can do it much more cleaner than I did anyways. Any ignition on circuit will do. Also if you don't have a bass know, I will definitely say that is almost the one thing I use the most on my stereo.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with the bass ****. I wish I had installed one as different music seems to be handled by the LC2 differently.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3RDGENFRANK
I just used an empty fuse slot
Old 03-27-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. Is there a delay before it turns off after shutting off the ignition? I thought I tested that location and it had power all of the time. I'll have to check again.

Quick Reply: Speaker wire outputs Bang & Olufsen amp