A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport suspension settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport suspension settings

My car shows all 4 settings but only lets me choose dynamic or lift. Is this normal? Are there only 2 settings with the Sport suspension?

Also, sometimes when parked, the car seems to sit at a different height than others...???

06 A8L
Old 11-14-2005, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sport has 2 selectable heights...

Lift and standard (20mm lower than non-sport). Dynamic mode stiffens the shocks.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Thanks, Liam. Please clarify one thing for me--

only options are Lift or Dynamic, yes? There is no "Standard" option that should be chooseable, right?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Correct

Your car is in Automatic by default and you can either raise the car or stiffen the shocks in dynamic.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not sure what you mean. I have the sport...

I have 4 selectable settings, Lift, Standard, Automatic and Dynamic. I can select all of these at standstill. Lift cannot be selected above a certain speed.
The ride height at standstill is the same however for the three non-lift settings. The car changes rideheight on the move in Dynamic and Auto, not so in Standard. Otherwise, the three settings affect the stiffness of the suspension. Are you saying your car will not allow selection of some of the settings or just that the up / down arrows do not light?
Old 11-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Likewise; Sport is 20mm lower than non-sport, and dynamic and auto both lower the car

automatically above a certain speed, while Comfort (which is what I assume is called 'Standard' in the US) doesn't automatically lower, and Lift raises the car.

Comfort also seems to reduce the air springing and damping (shock) rate compared to automatic, and dynamic noticably changes the stiffness and seems to beef up the active anti-roll.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:48 AM

Default The up/down arrows don't light

when I try to select between Dynamic, Standard, or Automatic settings (it does in lift). Sounds like this is normal, yes? Choosing the setting affects the stiffness, and then the ride height is changed when underway--have it I got it?

Since it changes ride height when moving, is the height when the car is turned off the lowest (which I'd guess is Dynamic when driving)?

fwiw--until just now (I left the keyboard to drive around the block and check!) I'd swear that I couldn't even select Automatic or Standard either at rest or on the go. The text would not turn white, it would just stay red, when I tried to select it. But now it works! Geez, this thing could make me even more neurotic.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Kembo, your 06A8L is slowly becoming an 06"S"8L...

except for the V10. Love your newis sig pic, it keeps "abreast" of your mods. Would you adding current/past pics of your "chicks" from South Beach, too?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Rest In Peace

Default They will light when changing height, but you've got to be quick to spot it

and the height when parked seems to be the standard height, not dynamic; usually it's raised itself before you get chance to turn the ignition off, and the air bladders will hold air without power as far as I can tell.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't know if its different for RoW cars but here in NA....

The sport suspension only has two selectable heights - Lift and standard - plus the automatic 5mm lower at speed. Dynamic mode only stiffens the shocks and does not lower the car any more below the other settings sans lift.

Quick Reply: Sport suspension settings