A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Tired Blower Motor Has Finally Given Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Tired Blower Motor Has Finally Given Up

Hi everyone I have a 04 Audi A8l and ever since I bought the car in summer of 2018 the blower motor has been working erratically. It would still come on everyday within 10 to 15 minutes of start up. During a cold snap 2 weeks ago it finally quit working either brushes or bearings. During the 6 month erratic behavior I have read the great remarks from everyone on this forum. So 2 weeks ago I ordered the new blower motor on Ebay for about $95 dollars US +++ when it arrived the plastic fin was all broken. So I called the seller and he said that they don't take back parts outside the U.S. To my surprise they refunded my money and said keep the part. I'm sure everyone can guess what I did and it worked like a charm. Yesterday I took all the parts out that are needed to get to the blower motor. I love the Germans for their engineering but they could have made it easier to get to. I'll make a list of what has to be moved to get to the blower. ( wipers, all plastic bits below wipers that span the whole length of front window under the hood easy, the aluminum bar spanning from strut tower to strut tower so many screws, the whole wiper assembly motor and all, cabin filter housing easy, the first of many plastic covers over the blower many little screws, finally last plastic cover over blower, the blower motor is finally visible held in by a metal bracket one screw on bracket is enough just bend it up and blower motor is out.) Repeat steps to put it all back be careful to center blower correctly or it will rub.

If anyone needs help and lives near Toronto give me a call I'm willing to help.