A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag-com modification for a more responsive throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 12:17 AM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vag-com modification for a more responsive throttle?

Sorry as I am sure this is a repeat of an existing thread but I cannot seem to find the information. I am familiar with the Throttle Body Alignment (TBA) as I had to do this today after disconnecting my battery the other night, but I swear I read a post somewhere here on the forum where someone described a coding via Vag-Com/VCDS that would make the throttle and acceleration more responsive and sporty, as opposed to the more sluggish response the car gives now such as waiting a second or so after depressing the accelerator to drop gears and accelerate. Every search I perform is taking me to the TBA information.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or am I confusing this with the TBA procedure and putting the car into "S" driving mode as opposed to "D"?

Thank you!
Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 AM
Necromancer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default You need this

Originally Posted by a_very_naudi_guy
Sorry as I am sure this is a repeat of an existing thread but I cannot seem to find the information. I am familiar with the Throttle Body Alignment (TBA) as I had to do this today after disconnecting my battery the other night, but I swear I read a post somewhere here on the forum where someone described a coding via Vag-Com/VCDS that would make the throttle and acceleration more responsive and sporty, as opposed to the more sluggish response the car gives now such as waiting a second or so after depressing the accelerator to drop gears and accelerate. Every search I perform is taking me to the TBA information.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or am I confusing this with the TBA procedure and putting the car into "S" driving mode as opposed to "D"?

Thank you!
www.sprintboostersales.com/SprintBooster/2004_to_2009_AUDI_S8_Sprint_Booster_V3--SPRAU029
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 AM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, taking a look at this, but what I am remembering is some kind of VCDS/Vag-Com coding that accomplished this all. Am I mistaken and hallucinating that I saw this and/or confusing it with the throttle body adaptation?

Thanks,

Naudi
Old 03-22-2018, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 581 Likes on 487 Posts

Not that I know of VCDS wise. Yes, throttle body alignment is the basic only real remedy, plus general cleaning, Techron (for the port injection motors), and so on. Make sure your intake switchover set up in working correctly. Often something is broken on those as the miles and years accumulate, and that hurts performance feel.

Alos realize the brake safety stuff post the Audi 5000 debacle comes into play some. If you try a power brake move standing on brake while giving it gas to try a fast start, you only have about a second before it bogs. Best start is normally just punch it, and avoid both pedals at once.

On W12 BTW, we don't really have this problem... Typical first time driver says, "boy that throttle is sort of touchy..."

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 03-22-2018 at 12:00 PM.