A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 Driver Assist - ACC/Side Assist/Lane Assist

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: the dealer has confirmed that the car is indeed missing some of the features (Side assist, ACC, Lane assist, pre sense etc) listed on the window sticker and Audi are now doing a root cause analysis to determine where things went wrong.
No idea of the remedy as yet and I am certain it will take them a couple of weeks to sort this out.
I will keep you updated!
In the meantime, I can confirm that the car is simply magnificent!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by geordie
Update: the dealer has confirmed that the car is indeed missing some of the features (Side assist, ACC, Lane assist, pre sense etc) listed on the window sticker and Audi are now doing a root cause analysis to determine where things went wrong.
No idea of the remedy as yet and I am certain it will take them a couple of weeks to sort this out.
I will keep you updated!
In the meantime, I can confirm that the car is simply magnificent!
Thanks for the update! Please keep this forum posted on the feedback you receive when you receive it. This situation must be highly unusual but, if it happened to an S8 order, it has likely happened to other Audi vehicles. It will be extremely interesting to all of us here to understand how Audi goes about making this "right" for you. We wish you the best--enjoy your S8 and let's see what Audi does for you (and how quickly).
Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here's my two cents:

I'd suggest looking at the VIN number on the window sticker and compare it to the VIN number on the car. Just an idea.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Already checked that out, the VINs match unfortunately.
That was exactly my thought, Audi build 2 cars in the same colors at the same time, one with the assist stuff, one without and mix up the window stickers. No, the sticker matches the car.
Thanks for the idea though
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update:
Dealer confirmed today that a replacement S8 is to be built by Audi to replace this vehicle. July production. August delivery. This time, all of the options are to be included.
Mistakes happen even though they should not and what matters is how they get resolved. I have to say, if they follow through on this it is an impressive performance.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by geordie
Update:
Dealer confirmed today that a replacement S8 is to be built by Audi to replace this vehicle. July production. August delivery. This time, all of the options are to be included.
Mistakes happen even though they should not and what matters is how they get resolved. I have to say, if they follow through on this it is an impressive performance.
Good news! Do you keep driving the one you're in now until the replacement arrives?
Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, when the new one arrives I bring this one in, they swap the cars and Audi takes care of any paperwork - apparently. The new one is already scheduled in production and Audi are trying to pull the build date forward a week or so.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

WOW! That is impressive! Great news for you!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is a great story and one that makes me feel even better about purchasing my first Audi three weeks ago. Mistakes happen as you said, but it appears that Audi and the dealer admitted the fault and are making good on it.

Having just come from a three-letter German automaker where the dealer dinged up my wheel rims replacing a tire (under their warranty) and for four days refusing to admit that they did it (even though I had before and after pictures - I had taken a picture of the flat tire beforehand) - this story gives me post-A8-purchase confirmation.

Still sorry you won't have all of your S8 techie goodies until August, geordie...

Adam
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for all the comments. Confirmation of the issue by all of you also helped out. Also by contrast, I took my my last vehicle - German but not Audi - into the dealer and asked them to check out dye transfer on the seat surfaces and, if they could clean it off, to do so or give me advice. There is a long story which I shall not bore you with but after discovering that their "fix" was to paint the seat with consequent overspray, it took 3-4 months to resolve with new seat surfaces having to be installed. This is one reason that I returned to Audi and though the start out of the gate was not promising, the resolution is impressive especially for the speed of the response

Quick Reply: S8 Driver Assist - ACC/Side Assist/Lane Assist