A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestion for opening purchase price offer for 2014 A8L

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I'm getting MSRP - $7886 on a car that had to be ordered from the factory.

Dealer offered me nearly $5,000 under MSRP upfront. I'm then getting the Conquest Discount off that price. I'm sure if I felt like playing hardball I could have done better, but I am so pleased with the sales experience overall that I can look past nitpicking whether I squeezed out the best possible deal.
That is consistent with the deal we received. Our A8L is due in next week after a 12 week wait and the total discount including Conquest is $8915 and no trade. I am as interested in service after the sale as much as price and the area dealer was just named Magna Society Elite Award Recipient for the 4th year in a row. Plus, they have provided great service on our Porsche for the past 7 years so we expect no less on an Audi. They have to meet or beat the service we received from Lexus which was always top notch.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

This will be my first Audi so I am not certain as to the service experience expectations.

When I lived in Charleston, SC the Lexus dealer there was by far the best service I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the Lexus dealer here in Orlando is terrible by comparison.

That said, I would never consider another Lexus anyway. I only drive German cars now. Japanese cars just don't have any soul. They're designed in a place where cars don't move, they just sit still in traffic jams. German cars are actually built to move.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
This will be my first Audi so I am not certain as to the service experience expectations.

When I lived in Charleston, SC the Lexus dealer there was by far the best service I have ever seen. Unfortunately, the Lexus dealer here in Orlando is terrible by comparison.

That said, I would never consider another Lexus anyway. I only drive German cars now. Japanese cars just don't have any soul. They're designed in a place where cars don't move, they just sit still in traffic jams. German cars are actually built to move.
Agree, that is why we are switching from an LS 460 to the A8L. The new LS is just bland to drive, the styling is blah and the tech is way behind. I have had 2 other Audis but in AZ and the service there was mediocre at best. Sun Motors Audi (also Porsche, BMW, Mercedes) in Mechanicsburg, PA is top notch for service. I have had great service on my Porsche although thankfully in 7 years, it has all been routine maintenance and not a single warranty or recall issue. The Lexus on the other hand has had electronic gremlins from day one.
Always a new one popping up; almost like the Alfa's we have owned!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any other comments about where other owners ended up on price for their A8 relative to invoice price?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by navin in KC
Any other comments about where other owners ended up on price for their A8 relative to invoice price?
After doing business with same dealership for 22 years, we split the difference between MSRP and invoice on each deal we do. I actually want them to make a fair profit and stay in business continuing to provide the same level of quality service. Lucky to have a very good Audi dealer, and want them to keep top quality people, so I don't look to squeeze every dime out of them---just want what I consider to be a fair deal for both sides. A "fair deal" is subjective, but that's how I look at it.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my 2013 A8 3.0 for about 1600 under the invoice price, prior to any other discounts. I custom ordered mine in July, 2012 and took delivery in October, 2012.

I had walked around a few other dealers before going into the final one, and walked out with signed papers within two hours. Audi also has deals with certain companies (J&J, Merck, Siemens to name a few), where you would get the invoice without any hassle, if you happen to be an employee of said firm.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at Buying outright. So the bottom line price is important to me. I travel frequently to St. Louis, Omaha, Chicago or Dallas so I can buy from any dealer I want. How does one determine the ultimate price (dealer cost) after subtracting the dealer cash, incentives and hold back numbers. I would guess that price is better on 2013 models if the dealer has a few of them sitting around.