A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 A8 3.0 vs 4.0 Order Guide Differences

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default 2019 A8 3.0 vs 4.0 U.S. Order Guide Differences (OG pages attached)

Picking up on SYMAWD’s post regarding the new OG with the A8L 4.0T model...

Upon first reading of the new U.S. Order Guide, here’s what I see as the key 4.0 V8 vs. 3.0 V6 model differences in A8 ordering specs besides the difference in the engines:

*20” wheel selection is the 10-spoke design (same as the original D4 20” non-sport wheel) replaces the 15-spoke wheels that are the 20” rim style for the 3.0T model.

*Full leather pkg replaced by Merino Gray all-leather Design Selection Pkg.

*Extended Leather Pkg is standard vs. requiring Luxury Pkg. for 3.0 model.

*No Luxury Pkg - those elements now either standard or contained in First Edition Package.

*First Edition package contains the Matrix LED headlights and OLED tail lights (from 3.0 Lighting Pkg) plus adding the Audi Laser Light supplemental high beam blue “X” style element (NA for 3.0 model); multi-color Ambient Lighting Pkg; addition of Napa leather coverings to instrument panel top and upper door sills; Glass-look instrument controls; Air Quality Pkg; Dynamic All-Wheel Steering; 20” wheels; Alcantara Headliner; Valcona leather.

May be a few other differences to the order guide, but these were the major items that caught my eye.

Still no Exterior Sports Styling package or Diamond Stitched Sport Comfort/Contour Seats. Maybe for 2020 perhaps???

See attached PDF for the 4.0T V8 OG pages.

derf
Attached Files

Last edited by derfA8L; 05-01-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: adding attachment
Old 04-28-2019, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Thanks for sharing derf!

I'm rather annoyed now to know the Laser Light option is coming for the 4.0, but good to know if I want to I can spend a ton of money to get it retrofitted to my 55 TFSI. I guess the same can be said for the diamond stitched sport/comfort seats for you!

(in case you are wondering, I did take delivery yesterday and spent 6! hours detailing it. It got a full wash/dry, 2x paint sealant (more on why I didn't ceramic coat it later) on every single painted surface (inside and out) and about a whole bottle of Lexol cleaner/conditioner. While I do have photos of it in my driveway, it isn't anything special (just a bunch of houses in the background), so will try and find a better place to take photos later.)

I have never put in more energy to detail any car in my life. Holy moly the A8 is BIG! It's like detailing 3! time zones!!!!!!!!!! First time I have gotten "lost" detailing a car. Jeez....!!
Old 04-28-2019, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Thanks for sharing derf!

I'm rather annoyed now to know the Laser Light option is coming for the 4.0, but good to know if I want to I can spend a ton of money to get it retrofitted to my 55 TFSI. I guess the same can be said for the diamond stitched sport/comfort seats for you!

(in case you are wondering, I did take delivery yesterday and spent 6! hours detailing it. It got a full wash/dry, 2x paint sealant (more on why I didn't ceramic coat it later) on every single painted surface (inside and out) and about a whole bottle of Lexol cleaner/conditioner. While I do have photos of it in my driveway, it isn't anything special (just a bunch of houses in the background), so will try and find a better place to take photos later.)

I have never put in more energy to detail any car in my life. Holy moly the A8 is BIG! It's like detailing 3! time zones!!!!!!!!!! First time I have gotten "lost" detailing a car. Jeez....!!
No problem, I rather enjoyed seeing what was done on the V8 model feature specs vs. the V6–And it’s something I’ve been waiting on for a long while anyway. Good for you on detailing the car. But 6 hours to do two coats of paint sealant and do the interior too!? Heck, it takes me longer than that just to do a wash and one coat of wax...but I’m now a “geezer”, so there’s that 😴. I probably should get an orbital polisher to save time...and my body 🤤

And, c’mon, stop being a tease, and just post a couple of D5 glam shots, even with the “pedestrian” background.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
No problem, I rather enjoyed seeing what was done on the V8 model feature specs vs. the V6–And it’s something I’ve been waiting on for a long while anyway. Good for you on detailing the car. But 6 hours to do two coats of paint sealant and do the interior too!? Heck, it takes me longer than that just to do a wash and one coat of wax...but I’m now a “geezer”, so there’s that ��. I probably should get an orbital polisher to save time...and my body ��

And, c’mon, stop being a tease, and just post a couple of D5 glam shots, even with the “pedestrian” background.
Just for you, and for now:

Details and such later. It was nice seeing how well the installers did the paint protection film (full front bumper and tailights, partial hood, fender) and the ceramic tint! They did a fantastic job!

I promise to have better pics and an in depth review later!

For now, I've had a tire pressure loss warning and a SOS phone system fail warning, all within 85km. LOL. Typical Audi! (goes away on restarts, i'm not worried)

Last edited by angrypengu; 04-28-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh boy, a lot of stuff going on there. But the A8 does look good. Good to hear you’re happy with the paint protection application. Let us know the specific product you went with. Thanks for the pic!

Enjoy!!!