A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&D D5 A8 Instrumented Test is out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 819 Likes on 588 Posts
Default C&D D5 A8 Instrumented Test is out!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

Lots of interesting tidbits with how the A8 performs versus the competitor. Of note to me is the better performance despite the D5 leaning towards being the most comfortable flagship, and how it is the quietest vehicle when compared to the S and 7. I have been patiently awaiting this instrumented test to be done because C&D records all of the quantitative information in the test sheet, which you can download now. I like looking at noise levels measured in DB at Idle, WOT, 70mph etc. It gives me a good point of comparison versus the other cars I was interested in.

Even with 20" tires, it performs better, noise wise, than 19" tires on the S class.

Heck, it performs better at WOT and at 70mph from a noise perspective (Eg its quieter) than a Maybach.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/

Lots of interesting tidbits with how the A8 performs versus the competitor. Of note to me is the better performance despite the D5 leaning towards being the most comfortable flagship, and how it is the quietest vehicle when compared to the S and 7. I have been patiently awaiting this instrumented test to be done because C&D records all of the quantitative information in the test sheet, which you can download now. I like looking at noise levels measured in DB at Idle, WOT, 70mph etc. It gives me a good point of comparison versus the other cars I was interested in.

Even with 20" tires, it performs better, noise wise, than 19" tires on the S class.

Heck, it performs better at WOT and at 70mph from a noise perspective (Eg its quieter) than a Maybach.
Gotta say this car is super quiet, and very comfortable to drive on the highway. I wish there was more engine noise honestly, and not to mention maybe another 100hp!

Quick Reply: C&D D5 A8 Instrumented Test is out!