A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saiga Beige or Nutmeg interior???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
On another note, musical that is—I re-tested the standard B&O system in the showroom car with tracks from my iPhone. The mix of classical and jazz I played wasn’t impressive (via Both CarPlay and normal Bluetooth connections) and is now having me lean towards the B&O Advanced sound system. My sales rep, who is usually pretty conservative on options, thought I might be disappointed listing to this mix of music genres without the optional system—and I’m reluctantly in agreement...just another $100 bucks a month on the lease—and life is short ��
I'm not sure if there is an Advanced system you can test, but I do recommend it. The thing with the acoustic lenses to consider/watch out for, is whether or not an individual is of standard height. Bear with me...there is a range of height that your ears need to be within (a zone). If you are higher or lower (physically) than what B&O has tuned the acoustic lens for, it can sound odd.

Skip to 5:12

I never noticed this when I first tested the system and I was very concerned that I would have a problem as I am not physically 'standard' (whatever that means) (for the waiting time between placing the order, finding this out, and receiving the car). I have a weird upper body to lower body length ratio which means in most cars, even on the D5, I can't really see the virtual cockpit in its entirety. Thankfully I'm OK from a B&O perspective, but I wish I had known when I made the order, so hence passing that tidbit along to you because as you know the B&O system is not cheap! (but as I have said many times, for me, it's the best option I've ever bought!)
Old 06-22-2019, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Arrgghhhh!!! Angry, you’re killin’ me with all this technical voodoo stuff ��

Seriously though, I’m 5ft 9in and I position my car seat so my entire head is above the steering wheel rim, with top of my head at least 3 inches from headliner. I suspect that is fairly typical (average) acoustical ear positioning, so I think that I’d be sitting well within the acoustic lens parameters. A few hours after listening to the standard car sound system and upon further reflection, I’m kind of shocked that my iPhone music even sounds better on my D4 Bose system. I’ll see if I can find a D5 sitting in stock at the Manhattan Audi dealer with the Advanced B&O set up. I do appreciate your input.

Last edited by derfA8L; 06-23-2019 at 02:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (06-22-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

I sat in an A8 today with the beige and hated it. Nutmeg is a better choise. For me Sader Brown would be the best choice
Old 07-02-2019, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
I sat in an A8 today with the beige and hated it. Nutmeg is a better choise. For me Sader Brown would be the best choice
I guess that’s what makes life interesting—folks have different likes and dislikes. I can see how Saiga Beige can look too neutral to some people and perhaps boring compared to other choices...But my wife made the call to order the Beige interior, so that’s now set in stone. Think it will go quite well with the Vesuvius Gray exterior. I’ll just have to work a bit harder to keep everything looking clean 🥴
The following 2 users liked this post by derfA8L:
angrypengu (07-03-2019), MorganMay (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Visited our dealer this morning to look at the color sample cards. By chance, they had a D5 with the Saiga Beige leather in the showroom. I can conclusively report that the color printed cardboard samples bear no resemblance to the actual leather trims—at least for Saiga Beige which is much lighter in real life and does not have the fleshy color tone exhibited in the printed sample card. The below pic is a virtual color match to the Saiga Beige interior of the car we saw in the showroom:

The exterior paint colors seemed more true to actual, based on a few of the paint colors I’m familiar with. The wood trim sample cards (also printed) seemed very close to actual, based on the match up to the showroom car’s wood trim.

Now the decision: My wife’s call was for Saiga Beige. She liked the “real thing” she saw in the showroom and has little confidence in what the Nutmeg interior will actually look like based on the printed sample card. The photo of it from an actual car (previously posted) appears too orange for her taste. So...it’s gonna be Saiga Beige interior (black headliner) with Vesuvius Gray exterior.

On another note, musical that is—I re-tested the standard B&O system in the showroom car with tracks from my iPhone. The mix of classical and jazz I played wasn’t impressive (via Both CarPlay and normal Bluetooth connections) and is now having me lean towards the B&O Advanced sound system. My sales rep, who is usually pretty conservative on options, thought I might be disappointed listening to this mix of music genres without the optional system—and I’m reluctantly in agreement...just another $100 bucks a month on the lease—and life is short ��
Beautiful color great choice.
Enjoy your car life is short.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bravo659
Beautiful color great choice.
Enjoy your car life is short.
Thanks very much Bravo. Yup, time seems to be flying by faster and faster. Maybe not as fast as a 4.0T A8, but passing by too darn fast ��