Audi won't move

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi won't move

Hi I have problem it begine when my front stability bar it what ever long bar slipped from it spot. Broke cv joint outter. Well now I was driving and suddenly I hear klonk and suddently car moves but won't speed up and we'll I towed it back and take out cv axel and pitted car neutral and turned car on and saw that pice in gear box was rotating. And link to transmission works for sure it feels like it goes in to gear may it be inner cv joint or outer? That locks up transmission? Or somthing your thoughts?
Old 09-29-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like your sway bar came loose...You need to investigate and find out why.

The sway bar holds the lower control arm in place..if it comes loose..the axle/CV joints will break when the lower control arm swings back. With a broken CV..the car is immobilized..

Could be the rubber bushes at the end of the sway bars pulled out or the end nut is loose. Get that checked and then look for a new axle or new CV joints and rebuild the axle.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes it was sway bar that came lose I fixed it and changed outer cv joint and drove for 100km total I heard loud snap and car won't accelerate but moves freely I'm thinking that it may be inner cv joint or agen outer cv joint+ it may be other side that snapped possible?
Old 09-29-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Probably the inner CV has given out..when the sway bar breaks or comes loose it really hurts both CV joints..the outer and inner. Your new outer CV should be okay..I would remove the axle completely and inspect both.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I sniffed internet for data and found out you need to push very hard axel to transmission for o-ring get in place I bet there I ****ed up
Old 09-29-2017, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And if correctly understanded car won't move becous axel is out of place and it's easyer turn wheel where is axel of and that's why it won't pull
Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Discovery

Today I pulled other side of axel out and tryed pr your thing in transmission well dident come off But other side comes out just pulling out

Are Im missing teeth or I'm missing O ring I cant see it should it come with it?. And what is part called??

Old 09-30-2017, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ivi hilt
Today I pulled other side of axel out and tryed pr your thing in transmission well dident come off But other side comes out just pulling out

Are Im missing teeth or I'm missing O ring I cant see it should it come with it?. And what is part called??

Forgot to add I turned my car on both sides spin when in neutral meaning my transmission fine?? Spins when no axels meaning
Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That is an axle flange..normally no need to remove this part. Just remove the CV joints bolts on the flange and remove the axle. The flange stays on the transmission. I have attached a page from the repair manual. Your problem is in the CV joints?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
audi flange fwd.pdf (141.0 KB, 81 views)
Old 10-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is this correct way locking ring should be?? Not sure becous it just falls off if pushed hard with hand

Quick Reply: Audi won't move