Moonroof Not Working Sounds like Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moonroof Not Working Sounds like Track

I was wiring my subs into my C4 A6 '97 Wagon. Did not disconnect the battery when attatching power wires(+ and -). However, when unscrewing the bolt from the +, I swear I heard a dropping noise from the roof, as if something had dropped onto the roof of the car. Other than that, nothing else related to the roof happened. Except for lining my power line from the amp, I drew it to the fuse which supposedly is also for the moonroof. Only thing is, when i remove this fuse, the moonroof still works(in a broken sense, meaning it budges its 1cm and you can hear it crunch when trying to "open" even though it is stuck in the open position.) When i take this fuse out, the wipers etc stop working, but replacing the fuse allowes them to work again. So this is weird, it is stuck in the open position right now, but when i turn the dial to "close" it moves forward about 1cm. When i turn the dial to the tilt, the roof tilts while its stuck in the open position. If i move it back to the open position on the dial, its a crunch noise like a gear grinding. Seems like its the gear. Especially because I am not able to manually close the roof. I might now be doing it correctly though. From what i understand, you just take the tool and insert it into the hexagon shaped hole, and turn. However after sticking it up as far as possible and attempting to turn, it does not budge one bit. However when i turn the dial again, I can see the piece turn. Is there something I am not doing to disengage the motor? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-edit-
sorry forgot to add. Earlier today while i was out, when i got out of my car i would turn the **** and find the roof not closing(the 2nd time) the first time, when i turned th dial, the roof closed all the way then reopened all the way. Both times i had to use the key to close the roof from outside. This key method does not work now.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default It's out of sync.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.elektro.com/~audi/sunroof/">If you keep playing with it, you will damage it permanently.</a></li></ul>