so here's my progress, i think i need a little input though

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so here's my progress, i think i need a little input though

ok, ive connected the wiring according to the diagram that came with the new keyless entry, and reconnected the vaccum pump, after doing all of this, the interior dome lights now turn on when the doors are open, and when i click the lock button on my new keyless entry the module makes the clicking noise adn so does something on the drivers door, and the instrument panel on the drivers door lights up, but the doors dont lock, but, same as before the alarm goes off when i open the drivers door adn i cnat get it to shut off without disconnected the battery. What would cause this? what am i doing wrong?

please help

thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Whatever your original problem was, that promted the PO to disconnect the system

Seem to be in the drivers door. My guess is that they couldn't get the alarm off either through the unlocking of the door. So just cut out the box. Your best bet is to reconnect the car to factory standards and then search for the problem. (Start in that door) Look for frayed wires in the jamb leaks etc..
Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You are so brave Chii, or want to be drunk before nightfall, which one is it?

I'm pouring you a shot right now.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default in order to solve a problem you have to eliminate as many variables as possible

I've said it and Chiitown has said it, and other as well...
You need to trouble shoot the cars alarm first before you go adding other electronics to the equation...
If you had done this in the first place your issues would have been solved already...

also there are no relays in the drivers door but the drivers kick panel has relays inside
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: in order to solve a problem you have to eliminate as many variables as possible

well how do i go about trouble shooting my alarm without reinstalling the factory module, becuase my harness end is shot??

thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Let me get back to you on that. I have to go pour myself another.

Don't forget, I'm 3 hours behind you. Guess I'll have to play catch up. Shouldn't be hard though with this thread.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Stand back & take a deep breath.

First as anyone will tell you, with these cars, troubleshooting and fixing them is rarely a quick process. Like Dave or someone else said, buy a new harness or locate one through a Jyard. (Or someone parting a car out) I know in the heat of battle it seem like too long of a process. However, you will save yourself hours of time and frustration. (Maybe even days) We have all been where you are going. Maybe not with the door locks. But in something else going wrong. I will give you applause on wanting to know about your car, and having the drive to want to fix it yourself. But take your time and try and do it right. Bypassing something may work fine. But bypassing something that you have no idea how it originally worked, is almost certainly doomed to failure. Your method of trial and error is going to end up creating havoc for you sooner or later. Like with the radio. You are lucky it had built in disabling features. If not, most certainly it would have been fried. I know your problems and gremlins suck. Welcome to Audi. Pull up a chair. Bottom line is it is not a car from the 60's that has the basic principles of running. If you don't get it to factory standards, you will have a 95% failure rate of truly diagnosing or fixing the problem. If this is the route you still wish to take. My advice would be to install an aftermarket system for power locks if one even exists. otherwise, live with the imperfections, and save your money for a real problem. (One that impeeds the way the car runs or drives.) And yeah, I know I can sound like a Pr^&k. But I will still be here to try and help you. God and my local liquor srore willing.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 PM

Buy a new harness.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Actually, I thought of a new drinking game.

We all take a drink everytime Schlegle has another question! Wait... can they distill that fast? Just busting your ***** again Schlegle.
I'm just having fun. So please don't take it any other way. Or let it influence your postings. ppl here truly like to help each other out.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Smeagle....will you post a photo of yourself? I think we'd all like to see

our new forum pet. Preferably a shot with your car in it, too.

Quick Reply: so here's my progress, i think i need a little input though