EEK,EEK from drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EEK,EEK from drivers door

Hi folks, I have an annoying eek eek eek that comes out of the drivers door, right next to my left ear, its okay on smooth road but most of the time it is eeking. I applied some self adhesive foam all around the door, I have lubed the rubber seals, the door edge and have the door post full inboard but I am unable to changed the sound coming out of the door. If I open the door while moving it disappears. All the seals are intact and are in good condition. I feel like the noise comes from an area very close to the upper rear corner of the door. I am just looking for any ideas in finding the noise.

thanks in advance
Old 01-28-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi guys, I think I got it, needs a little refinement but no more eeeek, I put 3 foam backed strips, about 1 in wide by half inch thick, across the upper door seal. I placed these strips perpendicular to the existing door seal so that they actually close in the door. I placed them at the rear most corner of the door and then 2 more about 3 inches further forward so that they actually close in the door.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How strange. I wonder if it's a symptom of something, like a worn door striker or another component that's slightly loose.

-Rog
Old 01-29-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Rog, I replaced all the strikers (posts) as all the doors closed funny and the soft sleeve on the post was falling off. I had the drivers door post all the way "in" and it just made the door harder to close but no noise change. So I readjusted post and door closes fine now. I looked at hinge and it is not adjustable, maybe there is some up and down movement but I did not lift on the door. I think you are probably right but not much you can do about it as far as I can tell, all rubber gaskets look great, like new.

sparky
Old 02-06-2018, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

update: The eek eek is still there, I was wrong, it is not gone. I closed the door with half inch foam in the door in all locations and I can change the sound slightly but it is always there. I have lifted on the door while open and there is very little play, I have to admit, I am stumped.

Update: I removed the door insulation foam tape from the top of the door, above the door frame, it was on the rubber seal and the metal frame. That stuff sticks extremely well, took at least a half hour. I used rapid tak, soaking and cleaning and the rubber turned out very clean. Well guess what the eek eed is gone, maybe it was dry rubber chaffing on car car body, that is all I can think.

Last edited by psparky; 02-10-2018 at 10:37 AM. Reason: new news