Top ten awards that should-have been given at Carlsile... IMHO...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top ten awards that should-have been given at Carlsile... IMHO...

These are the unofficial "tounge-in-cheek" awards that should have been given out at Carlsile...

There's a story behind every one, but that story is best responded to by the recipient of the award...

And, hope that you enjoy the "top Ten"... blame me if you don't like 'em.... just remember that these are given with humor in mind...

Carlsile Top Ten Awards>>>>>>

1] Worst New Paint Job Award: Whitjr/Ray
I did it in a barn... my first time....<<<<<
2] Worst Original Paint Job Award: The guys in the black 80 model, can't remember their names. [too many beers on board when they drove thru- anybody know who that was?]<<<<
3] Least Beer Consumed: Samson and Diesel. We should really give them a break on that after all they were dogs...<<<<<
4] Shortest Distance to Attend Award: Dwight<<<<
5] Hysterical Historian Award: Morgan/85-4kq-girl<<<<
6] Wheel Loss While in Motion Award: Raymond/ RST racing<<<<
7] Cheif Cook w/ A License Plate Award: Russ/Auditrippin<<<<
8] Car in Abstencia Award: Quattros.org. [would've love to seen it!]
9] Best Coupe: Dave/Duandcc

and finally after a complete waste of your reading time....

10] The Blue Light Golfcart Capture Award goes to a whole group of the attendees: Russ, Taylor, Paul, Sam, and someone else I can't remember right now. This award given for excellance in leading the golf cart police on a merry chase all over the Carlsile grounds, and finally requiring three blue-light golfcarts to trap them. Just how fast were ya'll goin' anyway.....
Old 05-27-2004, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That was classic

Seeing them fly by in the 90q was priceless, and then seeing the Tracker and golfcart (with light!) follow them slowly. Doesnt get any better than that. Its almost been a week, it seems forever a go I left town for the event, but doesnt seem that long since we all were hanging out and eating yummy burgers. This event was truly very fun, and I hope the attendance will grow next year.

Mike
Old 05-27-2004, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It would of lasted too if you wouldn't of painted on it

With that nice lead paint. I definately think Duan thought he was going to get some sort of disease from it. Just remeber heat kills germs. I did the odo/speedo today, but forgot to take pics for you, don't worry I'll do it again tomarrow. I ran a wire from working tach light to non working odo light cause Audisport said it would work. Now neither of them work along with my diff lights. Thanks audisport J/K. How do i get these damn lights u gave me inside the white holders/ or the old ones out to get them in. Awww! my hellas quit again today. 4 hours of car work and the only fixed is my high beam light and got my Euro plate on. Pics will be up when I get the film back.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dash lights

With the top dash cover off, move the bulb holder around til the lights come on. They can be very tricky if the circuitry behind the bulb holder is old or worn away. I went through a few clusters with the same problem, it sucks.

Mike
Old 05-28-2004, 04:53 AM

Default How about the most puzzling Audi body modification award.

What was the story on the 80 (I think that's what it was) with the huge ***. Maybe they were going for the Pontiac Aztek look.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:41 AM

Default You mean the one that had the rear bumper made from 100% bondo?

Thay also filled in the rear deck lid with bondo. Trying to go for the RS2 look, maybe?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Crack city...........

one big bump and that thing will shatter.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:20 AM

Yup, and it totally looked like bondo, not even at all...
Old 05-28-2004, 06:30 AM

Default Hi everyone!!! Thanks for a great time and such a wonderful welcoming!!!

I had a great time visiting and meeting all of you at Carlsile. Had some great conversations with people, and enjoyed some wonderful brew from NC. I didn't make it back till late in the day on Sunday so I missed most of the activities. Stupid highway was closed down for a while and I sat in hours of traffic someplace in the middle of nothing... without any maps to take an alternate route. (I had gone to DC Saturday night to see some other non-Audi friends, guess I should have known... I was punished with the traffic ).

Anyway loosing the tire while driving around the show was great... I will never forget Dwights face when the wheel came of and he said "What the hell was that!!!" I said I had no idea, and the car continued to move... then the crowd went into aplause, and I figured I had better stop. Slightly embarrasing, but hey it was an adventure!!! and my broher wasn't to mad at me.

Anyway I had a great time and just wanted to say hi... I was promoted to another "daily job" within the company I work for (First Transit), so I have been a bit busy getting ready for transitions and what not. I'll be lurking and saying hi still!!! Anyway I hope all is well with everyone and I am looking forward to seeing everyone next year!!! I wont be at WF as we have a race that weekend, but I went last year (didn't bring car)... It was a blast, definatly in need of some old school audi's though... lots of older VW but not much Audi's . Hope you all have fun and be sure to post some pics!!!

Raymond Blethen
RST Performance racing

PS: Nice article on the Audiworld homepage... that is great!!! Its about time we got some recognition
Old 05-28-2004, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Do I get most selfless act of absentia award by registering my 4KS and Fox GTi to get the tent?

Just wondering....

I feel left out due to I had to drive to Florida while you guys were having fun. Anybody up for a Mexico Beach, FL GTG? I have a house and keg now! And everybody needs to see the possible 1970 M-B 289 SE Euro-never-Has been project!

Quick Reply: Top ten awards that should-have been given at Carlsile... IMHO...