What can I do

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What can I do

To make the 4ktq more enticing to sell? Right now its just the car, but would offering other things with it entice more people to look and ask questions?

Feedback would be appreciated. Really looking to sell this thing fast.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nah man...

that thing wont sell. just give it to me
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would "sell" it to you, but not "give". You are crazy man! :P
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

lol!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You need accesories like these..

But then you might not want to sell..<ul><li><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-AUDI-QUATTRO-RARE_W0QQitemZ130193688023QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6055Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">urq on ebay</a></li></ul>
Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I do have a picture with some of my girlfriends posing with the car...hmmmm....
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here's a couple of ideas

Detail the car and then take some high resolution photos with a good natural backdrop. Photos say a thousand words and people buy cars based on emotions. Nicely shot, large photos are appealing. Host them on Flickr or equivalent so you can direct people to the slideshow.

You might also want to work on your narrative in the ad. Tell us a story about the car. Focus on the best aspects and don't mention the word bargain or value anywhere. Those words do not sell.

Also, it might be worth listing in detail what you've done and why. In other words, how familiar are people with this type of swap? Could cast a wider net if you help explain to people what they're looking at.

Finally, be patient. This is the worst time of year to sell a car. In a few months, the market will pick up. Just put it on your to-do list to delete/update your ads once every two weeks.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its tough because I want/need the car sold

Im pretty patient naturally though. I have linked my motorgeek and audiworld picture pages to the ad, both of which have a plethora of photos of what has been done with the car.
I think the ad is long, if not too long, but Its gotten alot of attention and there is still stuff that I remember that I have to go back and add because I had forgotten.

I guess when I posted it on Audifans I knew that people could tell what I was selling, either bcause they know my car or because they have seen the swap done before.
I guess I dont want the car going to somebody who doesnt know what a MC1 swap is, thats pretty self explanatory.

If I have to keep the car in storage until it sells, then I'll have to, but I really hope to sell it here shortly.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Here's a few more

I just found your <a href="http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/show.php?table=pm_audifans_Cars&id=2900">ad on Audifans</a>.

1. You need to break your ad into short bullet points and paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a massive block of text. You can find the HTML code for making bullets and paragraph breaks online. Google it.

2. You need an asking price. Without an asking price, I wouldn't even bother calling you. No offense, but it's true. I strongly suspect most other folks wouldn't bother either.

3. Try to cut back on uncertain language. The maybe/probability/to the best of your recollection sounds vague and doesn't sell the vehicle.

4. Order your bullets with the most impressive features first.

5. Be careful with language. Stuff like "hobby car" doesn't imply reliability, does it?

6. I know you're trying to be honest, and some of us appreciate it, but don't advertise the minor negative stuff like loose alternator belts. Disclose it in your correspondence, and really only if the potential buyer asks what the issues are. You talk about that stuff in negotiation and some of it (maybe most) can be casually mentioned (i.e. "oh by the way, you might want to get that alternator belt tightened.")

7. Stop talking about YOUR needs. Potential buyers don't care. When you're trying to sell something, talk only about WIIFY: What's In It For You (the buyer). The stuff about need to sell ASAP, moved to a new apartment, etc., has to go. Think about it. How does that stuff impact potential buyers emotionally? It doesn't create desirability. Scratch it.

Ok, that's it for now. Hope that helps. Gotta run...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ok, that's fine...

But for your *AD* it's not about your needs. Remember the WIIFY principle.

Quick Reply: What can I do