hard start problem, whether cold or hot..

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hard start problem, whether cold or hot..

Figures that when i finally get all of the right parts installed, my car doesn't want to run right. I took that plastic plug out that i had filling the hole for the idle screw, and installed the right one. Screwed it in until i heard the throttle switch click, then backed it off by about a half a turn. Car starts right up and runs like a champ, a little too high rpm, but was running very well. Shut it off, played with a few things like the isv, the throttle switch, etc and went to start the car again. It fired once but didn't catch and then didnt fire again until i turned the key off and back on again but still didn't catch. Went back out and played with some more things, took the MM hose off, cleaned the gunk off of the butterfly valve, backed the screw off a bit, etc. Tried it again, no luck. Tried one more time, but this time i punched the gas right as it fired and it caught and i held it at about 1500 for a bit and let off. It stumbled around for a bit but eventually started idling beautifully. On a quick test drive it ran amazing as well. Shut it off and went to start again, and its doing it again... I used this as an excuse to get some new spark plugs (NGK bp6et)and it runs a lot smoother, but still has this problem..

Any ideas?