1995 Audi 90 Quattro service manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Audi 90 Quattro service manual

I've owned my 1995 Audi 90 Quattro for 15 years now. This car has been virtually trouble free until last year, when it started missing. I took the car to two different mechanic/shops and they have diagnosed two different issues to the same problem. Besides their confusion, I noticed a lack of interest in working with the car. They body of the car is in great shape, the car used to run great, at 145K miles, and it is a rare 5-speed, in today's world where everything is automatic. But I can see their reluctance, they are thinking for me, I reckon, imagining it is not worth for me to spend the money to fix the car. One of the sevrice managers could not even drive the car because it was a manual. sigh. Money, fortunately, is not my problem, but I do think buying a new car is throwing money out of the window...

One of the shops diagnosed the problem as a faulty throttle body seal (this is not the actual name of the part but it is what it is, oval shaped rubber gasket of sorts), and EGR valve. The other diagnosed a faulty purge valve. These are all cheap parts. The first shop could not find the part and told me they it was no longer manufactured (the throttle body seal - it actually has a different name). I went home and found it in 30 seconds of search and ordered it and installed myself. But the EGR valve is another story, seems it requires an order what to disassemble to get there. The purge valve is plug and play and very visible close to the air intake.

Anyway, all of this is to ask you: what manual should I buy for this car? It seems Haynes never made a manual for this car. Does Bentley has one? What about an Audi service manual? If anyone can point me to the rigth direction, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Cesar

(BTW, this is my first post here).
Old 01-28-2019, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

This may help
https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/90_quattro_sport/v6-2.8l_(afc)/relays_and_modules/relays_and_modules_brakes_and_traction_control/abs_main_relay/component_information/locations/
Old 01-29-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Cesar,

this forum has a small fraction of the traffic it used to but it does have a massive amount of archived information. Between this forum and the 12v V6 forum, you'll find just about everything you'll need to do most of the engine work

Start here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/12v...intro-2788912/

Also though, Bentley does make a CD version of the manual, but it's only viewable via a windows XP computer. However, they have recently made it possible to view the same info online.
Amazon Amazon
People sell them used but they can only be licensed once and with the original email and password. If you're going to buy one make sure it's new. with that username/password and serial number info you can access the online version
Old 01-29-2019, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This is helpful. Thank you.
I actually had a subscription to an online manual until recently but it sucked big time. I don't know if the problem was that I didn't know how to navigate it or if it really sucks... :-)
Old 01-29-2019, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by grillage
Hi Cesar,

this forum has a small fraction of the traffic it used to but it does have a massive amount of archived information. Between this forum and the 12v V6 forum, you'll find just about everything you'll need to do most of the engine work

Start here:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/12v...intro-2788912/

Also though, Bentley does make a CD version of the manual, but it's only viewable via a windows XP computer. However, they have recently made it possible to view the same info online.
https://www.amazon.com/Audi-90-1993-.../dp/0837612535
People sell them used but they can only be licensed once and with the original email and password. If you're going to buy one make sure it's new. with that username/password and serial number info you can access the online version
Thanks for this info. Indeed, it is better if I search similar questions someone may have asked before my recent question and go from there. I realize this car has become more rare, or maybe more of an oddity than what it was when new. When looking for online support, ir certainly has not graduated to Youtube yet. Or maybe it will never be there... :-) Thanks!