Default More Windows and roof !

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Default More Windows and roof !

My 1995 2.6 v6 cabriolet is semi in pieces - i've just changed the right hand side door power window. There's two things I'd value any clarity on (if any one has taken a cabriolet door apart or serviced the power hood)
1 The door glass is clamped between four alloy 'blocks/castings ', one pair at each end of the base of the glass. Each pair of blocks/castings is capped / faced with a thin curved nylon pad- which goes against the glass.
I noted theses nylon pads are a snug fit. On one side of the glass the pads used, have 1mm sides which wrap around the alloy block. On my car it wasn't that snug a fit and I found 2 thin alloy shims between the nylon cap and the block (one near the top and one near the bottom of the block) . Marks show these shims have been in there many years and I'm willing to believe they are Audi. I cannot imagine why they are needed though, because other shims in the assembly allow you to adjust window alignment . I'd value any advice or thoughts on whether i should leave them out upon re-assembly of the door. The shims, I guess are .025 mm or 0.010 inches, and the door works fine without them .
Hood hyd. Reservoir. I wonder if this 1995 car could do with a top up or new fluid? . (no leaks found in boot/trunk!). Please, if you know, tell me what the filler cap looks like!. All and any advice on the merits of draining and adding new fluid would be appreciated

Thanks again for the info in the earlier exchanges
Many thanks