Mik, need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mik, need your help!

Hey, I have been experiencing a bouncy idle and poor accel for quite a while now. Did wires, plugs, idle valve and techron. When i drive the car doesn't want to repond to more pedal sometimes. After I get to a certain point it will just get power all of a sudden and surge forward. This told me it was probably a vacuum issue. I already replaced the rightside valvecover tube. So I decided to check the vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold (this is on my 93 100 cs). I didn't have a lttle homemade tool to check the lines so i just unconected the line where it connects to the manifold and blew into it. I heard a hissing noise right after doing this. I found that the green cap that connects to one of the tubes was cracked. This crack is causing a vacuum leak. Anyway I decided to check the vacuum lines for the cruise control by blowing into a line that connects to the black plunger that holds the throttle. I can hear a hissing noise from that too. That hissing is coming from under the coolant resevoir area. Guess I'll have to re-pipe that line. What I need to know is the part number for that green cap that is cracked. (It is on the vacuum lines by the right side of the engine, ontop of the valve covers.) Also would this cause a slightly unstable or rough idle even though it has to do with the brake master cylinder? If there is a leak in the cruise system or any other system could that cause performance or idle issues?
Old 04-27-2003, 05:48 PM

Default Not Mik, but have you checked the vacuum resevoir?....

If you are hearing a leak coming from under the coolant resevoir area it might be a crack in the vacuum resevoir. If you are loosing vacuum then yes it can cause numerous performance problems.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default See if you can replace the green cap with a rubber one?

The rubber ones are easy to find at local autoparts places, like AutoZone, or NAPA.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: See if you can replace the green cap with a rubber one?

Thanks for the reply Mr. Fix-it and Mik! When i found the leak in the cruise control it was coming from under the coolant tank not the aux vacuum pump for the cruise control. At least I think it was. That's still a possibility though. I will search the Russian parts site more to see what I can find for the green cap. If I can't find it I will go to the Autozone. I need to replace the vacuum lines on that side of the engine anyway. What area would this cap be under Mik?

thanks