Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

A3 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 Purchase

I'm considering a new A3 2.0 with DSG.

Are the DSG problems cleared up (lurching at stop)? I've read about these problems in multiple forums - just wondering if Audi fixed the problem or how extensive the problem is.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Never heard of this issue??? Could you give a better description of lurching at stop?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Never heard of this issue??? Could you give a better description of lurching at stop?

There are multiple threads in this forum about a hard (jerking) downshift from 2nd to 1st at stops. Also, this appears to be followed by a lurching forward while stopped - some described like they were hit from the rear.

Some received new trannies, some a new control module in something in the tranny that begins with an "m" meca-something.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 PM

I was one of the lurchers... haven't had problem since fixed about 6 months ago
Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There were a few problems in Summer when it was really hot, but I haven't seen anything since then

Whether it will crop again, or has been taken care of via software, I don't know.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: A3 Purchase

I have lurchinbg issues for over 1 year. After several trips to the dealer claims they are unable to replicate the problem and state what I am experiencing is typical of the DSG and within specifications. Bottom line, if they are unable to solicit a troble code in their computer then they will not do anything. The issues are bad enough that I am looking for a new car. I will never go with Audi again, not due to the problem but mainly due to their unwillingness to work through this problem. My problems in involve the lurching from a starting position. It also happens in reverse. There is a pronounced jolt going from 2nd to 1st. The problem is intermittent but is more pronounced when it is hot outside. i live in TX so that is a problem.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:13 AM

hey this is similar to the problems ive had on my dsg. but audi are installing my third dsg box on monday. but im not in the states

they have told me that if the box on monday does not fix the problem then they will replace the car.
they also were not able to pick up any error codes on their computers but they definately could feel the problems.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought mine 1 month ago. I do not have any lurching at a stop. When down shifting manually w/DSG there is a bit of a lurch b/c the with the dual clutch it has to rev up a bit to mesh right (how the dealer explained it to me before I took a test drive), but you get used to it quickly. It is not as noticeable in sport-auto mode, and doesn't happen at all in regular auto-mode "D".
Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe i chose to ignore these threads, my DSG has been Great!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Have you tried a different Dealer? AoA? April - address and phone # please - tia

Sounds like an lazy dealer, you would think they would keep the car, give you a loaner, and drive the A3 around for a couple days or so.

Quick Reply: A3 Purchase