Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

S3 Sedan 8V - strange noises after pothole, normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Sedan 8V - strange noises after pothole, normal?

Hi guys,

Have had my S3 8V sedan about 2 months now and about a month ago ran in to a huge pothole which blew out the front drivers side tyre, side wall on the rear right and put a little ding in the rim. All fixable but annoying!

However now I hear noises coming from the rear which I can't for the life of me tell if they are normal and were there before or if they are as a result of the pothole incident. So hoping you guys can tell me if these are normal? They all feel like they are pressure related so wondering if it did something to upset the pressure balance in the car.

1. The cabin pressure flaps in the rear/trunk make quite a loud noise now when closing doors and the boot/trunk lid. Never noticed them prior to this, now they make a few loud clicks/flaps that are very noticeable.
2. The exhaust itself sounds a bit louder, more of a drone at 2-3k rpm
3. The fuel tank gurgles after the car is off, like it is releasing pressure. This continues slowly for a little while
4. Rear suspension seems a little heavier than the front when going over bumps. ie the noise in the rear makes a bit more of a deep thud than the front

I am hoping I am being paranoid and these are all normal, but I have nothing to compare it to, so reaching out for thoughts! Sadly the thought that these are not normal is ruining my appreciation of the car at the moment, so hoping they are normal or can be fixed so I can put my mind at ease