Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Seat replacement issue 2007 A3

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat replacement issue 2007 A3

We just had the drivers seat bottom replaced due to the cracking on the seat bolster. We got the car back Friday and the new seat bottom doesn't even match the passenger side. It is a different style altogether looks ridiculous the side bolster are ok but not the bottom part. I'm really looking forward to having to go back to the dealership on Monday to deal with this one. Anyone else have this done and what was the result??
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, for my seat bolster, they outsourced to a local upholster who removed the cracked bolster, replaced it w/a new one, and then got my car back. Odd that they would replace the whole bottom.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dealership will take the seat out tomorrow.

I guess it may be do to the clips that either fell off or it is a defective seat bottom I will find out tomorrow morning.I guess the clips form the seam will see about that. I'll update tomorrow and by the way our Q7 had the same issue and they replaced the seat bottom as well it comes in one piece only no questions asked Audi knows about the defect.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stunningly poor quality from Audi. Simply horrible. Shame Audi, shame

that the vinyl would crack like it does.

Shame, shame on Audi.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default It is now fixed the clips weren't set properly..

Well, I personnally think that the seat bolsters should have been leather in the first place not vynl obviously Audi has had to replace quite a few and I'm not sure if they are really saving $$$ in the end. See what happens when you try to cut corners.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jackfrost
Well, I personnally think that the seat bolsters should have been leather in the first place not vynl obviously Audi has had to replace quite a few and I'm not sure if they are really saving $$$ in the end. See what happens when you try to cut corners.

I was flat out denied any questioning of the cracked side-bolster. I was told I could complain all I wanted by my dealer, Livermore Audi. Livermore said when they turn in their billing to Audi of America, Livermore themselves weren't being reimbursed, so they in turn are not honoring any "defect" concerning the cracked seats, even though they acknowledged the issue when I took the car in.

I'm not so sure leather is the answer either. On one hand, I paid for leather, so I should get full leather, though often the seat backs are vinyl on "leather" seats.

The leatherette in my '01 BMW is wearing like iron, so vinyl in and of itself sounds cheesy but in that instance, the material has won me over.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi knows it is a problem and will replace...

Audi has now changed supplier for the seats as they were having too many cracked seats. The dealer told me that at one time they had to take pictures of the seats and analize before replacing. Now it is a no brainer they didn't even look at the seat they just ordered and replaced as simple as that. I would go back to tha dealer a.s.a.p and that they should update their bulletin board. Now, if the seat was abused then it is a different story.