Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got this from my dealer:
Production week 1619
Production Complete 05/13/2019
Ship Departure 05/20/2019
Domestic Port Arrived 06/13/2019

Assigned Port is Houston, TX

If this holds... then hopefully I'll be behind the wheel by early July.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When did you put the order in ? Good to see some action for sure
Old 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Technically, it was an existing order from mid January that someone had canceled, but the dealership wanted the car anyway. By the time I got there, there was a small window to update some of the options, so I got it like I wanted (yay!) and sorta skipped the line.

But it does make me wonder, the folks who ordered nearly a year ago should all still be ahead of me, right?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

At this point who really knows ?? its totally a mystery for sure and so much bad information from dealers/audi it makes you sick.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FWIW, with the 2018's there was not a specific order of arrival vs order placed. Just because you ordered early did not mean that you would get yours earlier than others. There was zero rhyme or reason to the order processing for the USA.
My order was physically placed mid-May of 2017 & kept getting bumped back & forth. Ultimately arrived the Monday after Thanksgiving 2017. I know there were orders placed in June & July around the country that received theirs far earlier than me. I don't know if it has to do with the state that you're ordering from, or the dealer's "importance" to Audi USA or what. Here in St Louis, my dealer was only allocated 2 and I was the first to be on the list (Dec 2015) & first to place the order.
Once you have it, the amount of time you've waited will NOT matter to you...trust me!
Old 03-16-2019, 06:41 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EXELR8
FWIW, with the 2018's there was not a specific order of arrival vs order placed. Just because you ordered early did not mean that you would get yours earlier than others. There was zero rhyme or reason to the order processing for the USA.
My order was physically placed mid-May of 2017 & kept getting bumped back & forth. Ultimately arrived the Monday after Thanksgiving 2017. I know there were orders placed in June & July around the country that received theirs far earlier than me. I don't know if it has to do with the state that you're ordering from, or the dealer's "importance" to Audi USA or what. Here in St Louis, my dealer was only allocated 2 and I was the first to be on the list (Dec 2015) & first to place the order.
Once you have it, the amount of time you've waited will NOT matter to you...trust me!
EXELR8,

Thanks for sharing your RS3 picture with us, nice.

Everyone,

You know I'm thinking that maybe the wait times might vary according to ................
The options ordered .........
If any of the ordered options are Delayed by the 3rd party suppliers .........
And just maybe the color ordered ...........
Also, lastly, how many at a time do they run of a certain color with certain options .........

Take all the above into account and I can see that Delays can easily take place as an example if I can say this as I'm thinking.
An RS3 is ordered with say the FREE Nardo Gray and less options more a base car.
It runs right through the manufacturing process with No-Delays on a very timely basis.

Next,
Another RS3 is ordered but this one is say in Tango Red Metallic and it is LOADED with All the Option Packages except the (RS fixed sport suspension).
Well this time around one or more of those Options from Audi's 3rd Party Suppliers is running behind in their deliveries to Audi for production.
So, what would have been a straight through build is now DELAYED waiting on one or possibly more 3rd Party Parts.
If that's not bad enough then those 3rd Party Parts do arrive so production can move forward but guess what ???
They are now running Nardo Gray RS3 cars through production and since the Special Ordered Tango Red Metallic cars total 12-units currently (Sold-Units).
They are having to wait until the HUGE number of Nardo Gray units are completed.

So, guys, you can easily see if we all just Calm-Down and actually think about how things really do go and can happen DELAYS are definitely going to take place.

And guys, let's not overlook once these RS3 Sedans are completed and now sitting waiting for transport ships to the USA more time is passing.
Oh and now they have arrived at some Port in the USA.
They now are Separated to where they are going to each State in the USA.
And this next thing I don't actually know about Audi but it does or did use to take place with other Manufacturers.
They wait until they have more than one (1) car to go to a State and they Load them as to the Closest to the Furthest location.

Now that I have said what I (Think/Opinion) you can see how things can really get STRETCHED-OUT and also why the Earlier Ordered RS3 might NOT be the one (1) actually Delivered 1st, right ???

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-16-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Missing letters on words ..........
Old 03-16-2019, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So... an RS3 optioned almost exactly like mine showed up at Audi North Austin. The fam and I were traveling there anyway so I decided to check it out .. not to buy, but more because I have never seen an RS3 in person.

Funny enough they sold it in a day and when I arrived it was being detailed. Everything just looked... right. Nardo grey with black optics is super aggressive looking.

Needless to say... as much as I still think waiting for this car for half a year is ridiculously... it will more than be worth the wait.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sure all that you said has some bearing on production. PLUS, then think about all that you said, then factor in each country where these are sold. No wonder you can't get them in 2-3 months. Like I said, the wait time is well worth the driving experience :-)

PS-My pic is from our local Cars n Coffee. There's a photographer that takes pics of everyone as they enter & as they exit. He does killer pics. Only $5 for hi-res images.

Last edited by EXELR8; 03-17-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe true but i've taken delivery custom ordered BMW and Porsche in less time, (with color to sample and special options)........its really not the wait its the total lack of true information on whats actually going on, and when the cars will arrive. lucky my wife has the patience of Job and will wait for her car till it arrives.......
Old 03-17-2019, 09:48 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinister#4
Maybe true but i've taken delivery custom ordered BMW and Porsche in less time, (with color to sample and special options).......
its really not the wait its the total lack of true information on whats actually going on, and when the cars will arrive.
lucky my wife has the patience of Job and will wait for her car till it arrives.......
Sinister#4,

Exactly !!!

There is without any doubt at all ****-Poor Communication from both the Audi Dealers as well as Audi.

Terry

Quick Reply: 2019 RS3 delays and discounts