Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2019 RS3 delays and discounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
Howdy Terry-

Unfortunately it is a fact that production has NOT started. As per my email from an Audi of american employee this morning:

"Here is the most updated PDF for the details on your order, We are finally starting to see production dates so hopefully the factory will start to kick things into gear shortly. Let me know if you have questions though."

There is still a hold (my status sheet as of this morning still clearly states "distribution hold"), and there is still no production of the 2019 RS3.

I hate to be the guy that bursts bubbles... I am just as frustrated as everyone else. Remember, this is my SECOND attempt at ordering an RS3... so imagine my frustration when I have the port hold of 2018, and now this.

I would love to walk down to the BMW dealership and get an M550i... and could financially. The problem is it costs $15,000 more at least than the RS3, and the RS3 is a better performer. The only thing keeping me with my order is the value of the RS3. Otherwise, I'd gladly extend one of my fingers to Audi considering the awful customer experience I have had along with a dealership that believes the only communication should occur when I drop them a line to ask for an update.
The 550i is 456 hp. 0-60 3.9. It’s faster in the quarter mile than the RS3. I think it’s a better performer than the RS3. And I have a 2018 RS3. The BMW is an overall better car, BUT... boring looking inside and out to me, and alot more expensive of course.

Last edited by Rans09vert; 03-01-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:11 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
Howdy Terry-

Unfortunately it is a fact that production has ..... NOT ..... started.

As per my email from an Audi of american employee this morning:

"Here is the most updated PDF for the details on your order, We are finally starting to see production dates so hopefully the factory will start to kick things into gear shortly. Let me know if you have questions though."

There is still a hold (my status sheet as of this morning still clearly states "distribution hold"), and there is still no production of the 2019 RS3.

I hate to be the guy that bursts bubbles... I am just as frustrated as everyone else. Remember, this is my SECOND attempt at ordering an RS3... so imagine my frustration when I have the port hold of 2018, and now this.

I would love to walk down to the BMW dealership and get an M550i... and could financially. The problem is it costs $15,000 more at least than the RS3, and the RS3 is a better performer. The only thing keeping me with my order is the value of the RS3. Otherwise, I'd gladly extend one of my fingers to Audi considering the awful customer experience I have had along with a dealership that believes the only communication should occur when I drop them a line to ask for an update.
Baylorguy,

You know I really wondered if the actual (Production) of the RS3 had (Started) ???

I'm glad that there are guys on this site that are so willing to share information especially when it's FACTUAL and not opinion/opinions.

A buddy of mine in San Antonio, TX. just test drove one of the Audi RS5 cars a week or so ago.
He said it is definitely a step-up in all respects to the RS3.
However it's also like you said the BMW is ............ $20K to $25K more monies US dollars.
So he thought it over and kept his 2019 RS3 order intact.
Plus he said the RS5 is a larger car and he does not want another large car.

Well, this is now March 2019 so it will be interesting to see what if anything changes or takes place this month ???
Personally I'm just staying calm as we have a new VW Golf R in the garage that's my wife's car.
It's a fun machine so it's not like I'm suffering any on this waiting thing.

You know what would be really nice is if on this AUDIWORLD site we had a member that actually knew a person that works at the RS3 Manufacturing Facility.
If that was the case then all of us would know for a fact when production really does start and the RS3 cars start rolling out the back-door.

Let's stay in touch,
Terry
Old 03-01-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Baylorguy,

You know I really wondered if the actual (Production) of the RS3 had (Started) ???

I'm glad that there are guys on this site that are so willing to share information especially when it's FACTUAL and not opinion/opinions.

A buddy of mine in San Antonio, TX. just test drove one of the Audi RS5 cars a week or so ago.
He said it is definitely a step-up in all respects to the RS3.
However it's also like you said the BMW is ............ $20K to $25K more monies US dollars.
So he thought it over and kept his 2019 RS3 order intact.
Plus he said the RS5 is a larger car and he does not want another large car.

Well, this is now March 2019 so it will be interesting to see what if anything changes or takes place this month ???
Personally I'm just staying calm as we have a new VW Golf R in the garage that's my wife's car.
It's a fun machine so it's not like I'm suffering any on this waiting thing.

You know what would be really nice is if on this AUDIWORLD site we had a member that actually knew a person that works at the RS3 Manufacturing Facility.
If that was the case then all of us would know for a fact when production really does start and the RS3 cars start rolling out the back-door.

Let's stay in touch,
Terry
I test drove the RS5 SB a few weeks ago also, great car but really felt like a GT car to me, not very nimble. Gorgeous and fast, but not exactly what I'm looking for right now, unfortunately I haven't been able to drive an RS3 to compare it with.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
I test drove the RS5 SB a few weeks ago also, great car but really felt like a GT car to me, not very nimble. Gorgeous and fast, but not exactly what I'm looking for right now, unfortunately I haven't been able to drive an RS3 to compare it with.
Interesting comments you made as they are just like what my buddy had to say about the RS5.
More a GT car than the RS3 being a much smaller Hot-Rod !!!

Terry
Old 03-01-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, the latest update I got today still showed 10th week production, and port arrival ETA of 5/2. Only update was production complete ETA is now in there. But so far, not seeing any further delays... *crosses fingers*
Old 03-02-2019, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
FYI, the latest update I got today still showed 10th week production, and port arrival ETA of 5/2. Only update was production complete ETA is now in there. But so far, not seeing any further delays... *crosses fingers*
It would be nice if things are now (Finally) actually moving (Forward) with the RS3 actually being Manufactured.
I wish we had someone that works at the RS3 manufacturing facility or even a member on here that knows someone that works at that facility for some Matter-of-Fact information.
All I would like to see is something that actually states that production has finally started ???
If it has then all the rest of the dates will fall into place.

Terry
Old 03-02-2019, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Got this email today:

Today, much more than anticipation is being built. Your Audi RS 3 has gone into production. You’ve reached an important milestone, and delivery of your RS 3 is getting closer. I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your RS 3 will start its journey to the United States.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got this email today:

Today, much more than anticipation is being built. Your Audi RS 3 has gone into production. You’ve reached an important milestone, and delivery of your RS 3 is getting closer. I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your RS 3 will start its journey to the United States.
Amazing!
Old 03-02-2019, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Amazing!

Not sure how accurate these "automated" emails are, but I figure it is if not in production at least close, so maybe May is realistic for delivery after all.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure how accurate these "automated" emails are, but I figure it is if not in production at least close, so maybe May is realistic for delivery after all.
Yeah, the proof is always in the pudding. It just seems unlikely to me that you’d get the automated email if it wasn’t actually in production. Not that it’s guaranteed, but still trending in the right direction.

Quick Reply: 2019 RS3 delays and discounts