Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone Have Experience/Input on This?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Syrome
I bought one and liked it a lot. There is a definite increase in power and it has the added benefit of being removeable and not detectable by Audi like a tune. I would definitely recommend it. I got one for my fiancées Jetta also.
Thanks for the info. Decided that stock power was enough, but good to know that there are options!
Old 04-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
I bought one and liked it a lot. There is a definite increase in power and it has the added benefit of being removeable and not detectable by Audi like a tune. I would definitely recommend it. I got one for my fiancées Jetta also.
I assume you're talking about the Neuspeed product? That's good to know. Still would love something that could come closer to the performance of the APR flash/tune in the form of a "piggyback"/"plug and play". I know that's asking a bit much though
Old 04-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can anyone actually confirm that "plug and play" modules like this don't get you a TD1 flag.

I am new to the tuning world and have seen a lot of conflicting information out there. The more skeptical folks claim that they can just look at your boost pressure and other diagnostics and easily identify cars that have been modified.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting. So it's not actually a tune.

They say "It is a plug and play box that intercepts at the MAP and Boost sensors and can be installed or removed within minutes without any detection"

It must be creating a bias for the map and boost sensors and fooling the ECU into believing those variables are still within the stock tune range when in truth they are not.
It'd be interesting to see OBD2 reads of those values with and without this device.
My bet is that the values with and without would be very similar but the ACTUAL values with are higher.

That is a good way to avoid detection of a tampered ECU.