Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone purchased an RS3 under msrp? If so how much?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Timmay,

I would keep the S3, and let my daughter drive it. I would drive the RS3. I love the S3, am just a speed junky, and love the sound of the RS3, and don't want to forfeit my warranty by doing a stage 1 or 2 upgrade. But I'll just wait until the rates are better, and if they don't get better, then I will get my daughter an A3, and continue to drive the S3.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

DIG ONLY,

All I can think of is the residual was probably better than 50% when I bought it. Maybe 55 or more, I don't know. Or the dealer just wanted to move the car. I have bought an A4, A3, and Q7 from them in the past, and know them all very well. I am at the dealership once a week getting courtesy car washes (and eating their donuts and drinks!), so know the sales mgr, internet mgr, service mgr, etc very well.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone in this thread that has gotten an RS under msrp willing to pm me with more details? Like dealer, salesperson, amount under sticker, etc? I won't share it further if that matters to you. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I was able to get $2500 under MSRP... YMMV
Old 01-06-2018, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Rans09vert
Timmay,

I would keep the S3, and let my daughter drive it. I would drive the RS3. I love the S3, am just a speed junky, and love the sound of the RS3, and don't want to forfeit my warranty by doing a stage 1 or 2 upgrade. But I'll just wait until the rates are better, and if they don't get better, then I will get my daughter an A3, and continue to drive the S3.
Got it. I'm willing to bet you're daughter REALLY hopes you get a deal on a new RS3. Lol.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default My New RS3

I’m coming from a 2014 GTR. The GTR was epic, ultimately tuned to 605 wheel torque and 605 wheel horsepower. Unfortunately the ride and noise was proving very wearing and when my daughter no longer could comfortably fit in the rear, it was time to sell. Got a good price for the GTR and got my wife to “agree” to allow me to replace it with the RS3. I searched for 2months and found $3,500 off, but I had to order. I got everything but the dynamic plus package. I’ve had it for 3 weeks, still breaking it in, only 300 miles on it, but man is it nice. Love the cold start and the warm start, I got the Dayton Gray with the red interior accents and carbon inlays. Very tech-laden, even compared to the GTR but man is the ride perfect and the sound system is great for a factory kit. The car is solid as a vault, roomy for me in the back,I’m 6’2”, 230 and can fit behind myself in the rear. I will miss some of the “oh my god” stares and comments with the GTR but reading the Car and Driver instrumented review the RS3 is as quick at the new Camero ZL1 at 0-60 3.5 and Qtr mile of 11.8. I’m sticking to the break in strictly but even revving to 5000 it feels plenty quick. My dad had the 1980 Audi 5000S which was amazing at the time, slow but good handler.

My my dealer has been great taking my car to get the clear bra and custom tinting. The car will be featured on Joe Hutchinson’s YouTube channel in a couple of weeks,weather permitting. Willow Grove Audi gave me a great price, beat my financing alternative and provided a comprehensive explanation of the options and gizmos,of which there are a ton. The car is subtle yet a real head turner! I’ll likely replace the rim,something BBS and possibly an APR or ABT tune when they come out with a safe 500hp stage. Anyways, the car is so physically small on the road it’s easy to place. And leaving in Center City Phila, my garage is small, tight fit for the GTR but the RS3 fits perfectly. If you ring Willow Grove Audi ask for Leslie Walker, solid guy, good follow up, and coordinated with my Tint people for a timely and coordinated delivery. And they beat the delivery timeframe by some 2.5 weeks which was a wonderful pre Xmas surprise for a car-crazy dude like yours-truest,
Attached Thumbnails Anyone purchased an RS3 under msrp? If so how much?-b9f21635-858c-4135-be2b-b7d8d53eac90.jpeg  
Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got back from Audi dealer in LA area and was quoted 5K over MSRP for RS3. I said I won't pay over MSRP, said goodbye and left. They called me but I didn't pick up. Assuming they're willing to adjust the price but I doubt they'll meet my expectation. Just started shopping so I don't know if it's just LA area but I really was hoping to get at least somewhere below around 2K below MSRP. Anyone know of better deals would appreciate a PM
Old 04-08-2018, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep, that's life in LA for you.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lakerfanoc
I just got back from Audi dealer in LA area and was quoted 5K over MSRP for RS3. I said I won't pay over MSRP, said goodbye and left. They called me but I didn't pick up. Assuming they're willing to adjust the price but I doubt they'll meet my expectation. Just started shopping so I don't know if it's just LA area but I really was hoping to get at least somewhere below around 2K below MSRP. Anyone know of better deals would appreciate a PM
Paying above MSRP is ridiculous. I recently bought one in North East for about 4K less than MSRP. Good luck with the search
Old 04-10-2018, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would love for prices to stabilize somewhat as the port hold has been lifted and more cars are starting to show up at dealerships. At least that is what I hope!

Quick Reply: Anyone purchased an RS3 under msrp? If so how much?