Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats man! Definitely will be living vicariously through your posts until mine arrives in early 2018.

Is the consensus that the Audi puddle lights are included standard in new builds? I didn't see an option for that on my build sheet.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whyzkid99
Congrats man! Definitely will be living vicariously through your posts until mine arrives in early 2018.

Is the consensus that the Audi puddle lights are included standard in new builds? I didn't see an option for that on my build sheet.
they are not standard, but seem to be coming on most
Old 11-07-2017, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Gorgeous car. Very happy for you and look forward to future notes on the car. Gave up my RS3 order to keep my S3. Regret that action sometimes but love my car as well. Enjoy that beautiful car. Excellent choice on color and options.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

BEAUTIFUL- I made the decision last night to jump from the BMW world and get an RS3 now it is down to two color choices Daytona Pearl like yours or black - and with the Aluminum optics not the black out. Need to see them both in person before I pull the trigger.
Love you car drive it in good health my friend.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your handle name would seem to suggest you're jumping from the VW world, not BMW
Old 11-08-2017, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
Your handle name would seem to suggest you're jumping from the VW world, not BMW
No way! I have a Golf R as my daily beast- the RS3 will be the weekend pavement princess and my drive to Dallas/Drive to Houston car. It will replace my BMW 435GC- it has its good points and bad- but mainly I feel it is the best Buick that BMW has ever built great in a straight line- excellent comfort and fast enough-
but the HMI interface is terrible, its just too big for me and while it looks good its really not that special- the RS3 is special, smaller, faster- just wish it had power seats and a sunroof delete option!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:11 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LOVEMYGOLFR
No way! I have a Golf R as my daily beast- the RS3 will be the weekend pavement princess and my drive to Dallas/Drive to Houston car. It will replace my BMW 435GC- it has its good points and bad- but mainly I feel it is the best Buick that BMW has ever built great in a straight line- excellent comfort and fast enough-
but the HMI interface is terrible, its just too big for me and while it looks good its really not that special- the RS3 is special, smaller, faster- just wish it had power seats and a sunroof delete option!
Enjoy your new RS-3 when you get it.

From a current VW Golf R owner.
(Wife's car actually)

I'm looking into either the TT RS or the RS-3 but for the 2019 Models in my case.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

bCesar I am about to order as well (Still on fence between your Daytona Gray or black) but I get what the subwoofer adjustment is- but is that an option? Or does it just come with the Sound system? Sounds like it should just be another sound system adjustment and no big deal - I am getting the upgraded Bang and Olufsen also.
Love your ride- I do love that Gray!
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. The sub adjustment is part of the B&O system, but some people who got that package, that should have the ability to adjust the sub independently, do not have that ability with the firmware version their vehicle was delivered with.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems that all recent deliveries have the new version of the MMI that includes the subwoofer control.

Quick Reply: BaltimoreCaesar's 2018 RS3 Build Log & Driving Impressions (Daytona Gray Pearl)