Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Media drive tagging woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media drive tagging woes

I've spent most of my life in audio but still am perplexed why I cannot get a library properly seen. I've got slightly more than 3000 songs all neatly tagged using MP3tag. They look perfect with every album, artist, album, artist cover art, you name it. Perfect in an editor.

But plugging in my little Seagate hard drive into the special USB adapter gives me a confused library with generally no more than 4 songs per album. Many albums are duplicated, or split and many songs are missing - it seams anyway. Sometimes too I'll play a song from an album but a different song plays. It's been very frustrating and besides this hiccup, the interface is amazing. The sound quality is amazing too and I'm an old high end audio guy.

Anyone know of an MP3 editor that's friendly to Audi's infotainment system?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder if there's a way to clear the cache from the library? It almost seems as if the system is confused with its index.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
I wonder if there's a way to clear the cache from the library? It almost seems as if the system is confused with its index.
I'm thinking maybe, maybe if I reset the media driver, I could erase the index that might be the traffic jam with my files.

Funny, I'm quoting myself.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

how do you do this ? I am having a similar problem.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gbernard
how do you do this ? I am having a similar problem.
I was hoping you'd have the answer.

Resetting the media driver erases one's settings back to factory default. So all your radio settings, your sound settings and whatever settings you have go to 0. I don't know if in fact it erases one's mapping of the indexed files built when one installs a USB device.

I guess I'm going to find out. But now that I'm writing this, I'll bet it erases your Audi Connect settings, your phone settings, EVERYTHING - maybe...

This media reset is located in the MMI setup, top right corner when you're in the menu menu, as I recall.