Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New S3 Owner (2016)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It will void the warranty on the exhaust system,( valves etc.) unless it is an Audi S3 factory resonator part and for added security of warranty, I would have the dealer install it. Look up the price for the exhaust system from the resonator back...very expensive.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
It will void the warranty on the exhaust system,( valves etc.) unless it is an Audi S3 factory resonator part and for added security of warranty, I would have the dealer install it. Look up the price for the exhaust system from the resonator back...very expensive.
They have to prove the part is what caused the issue. Seeing as they sell the exact same thing, they wouldn't be able to prove that. But I'm honestly not concerned about the warranty on exhaust. This is a cheap sound modification until I can find and afford the turbo back I'll actually run
Old 01-01-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats. I'm in DFW too. I've had a couple Soobs back in the day. Modding the S3 is pretty addicting. I did the res delete and a sh**-ton of other mods too, all in the driveway without a lift (getting the downpipe out was a PITA though). Its no big deal. The more you do yourself, the more skill you build and the less beholden you are to others and fighting over warranties. I just do it all myself and forget the warranties. None of the common mods are particularly difficult except changing springs with mag ride (need to buy or make special service tools)
Old 01-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spinnetti
Congrats. I'm in DFW too. I've had a couple Soobs back in the day. Modding the S3 is pretty addicting. I did the res delete and a sh**-ton of other mods too, all in the driveway without a lift (getting the downpipe out was a PITA though). Its no big deal. The more you do yourself, the more skill you build and the less beholden you are to others and fighting over warranties. I just do it all myself and forget the warranties. None of the common mods are particularly difficult except changing springs with mag ride (need to buy or make special service tools)
My car does have the magride and suspension is something I don't plan on modifying. Buying the Res Delete as soon as I can. Probably the CTS Turbo. Good to see another DFW member I can go to for advice if I need it. Do you plan on going to Blair Automotive this weekend? https://www.facebook.com/events/337715647012515/
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lily_S3
My car does have the magride and suspension is something I don't plan on modifying. Buying the Res Delete as soon as I can. Probably the CTS Turbo. Good to see another DFW member I can go to for advice if I need it. Do you plan on going to Blair Automotive this weekend? https://www.facebook.com/events/337715647012515/
Oh, didn't know about it. I couldn't go until noon though (have Medieval combat practice in Frisco till 11). I'll see if I can get down there. My S3 is black with gold Alzor wheels on it. Your's looks lowered already.

Last edited by Spinnetti; 01-03-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spinnetti
Oh, didn't know about it. I couldn't go until noon though (have Medieval combat practice in Frisco till 11). I'll see if I can get down there. My S3 is black with gold Alzor wheels on it. Your's looks lowered already.
To my knowledge it should be on stock suspension. Haven't checked, cause I really haven't had a chance to. Starting to regret my decision to purchase from a non-Audi dealer.. but anyways.. I'll be installing my intake and dropping by Audi Grapevine before, so I'll likely be there in the afternoon as well
Old 01-18-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S3 on the German Autobahn

Pretty awesome

Old 01-18-2019, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lily_S3
To my knowledge it should be on stock suspension. Haven't checked, cause I really haven't had a chance to. Starting to regret my decision to purchase from a non-Audi dealer.. but anyways.. I'll be installing my intake and dropping by Audi Grapevine before, so I'll likely be there in the afternoon as well
I stopped down there but was pretty lame - Jacked up monster trucks and other stuff I'm not interested in. Just stayed a few min. From you pics, it sure looks like you are lowered