Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ​​​​​​​Farmers with fast Audis

Originally Posted by motopix
Additionally, I'm looking at some farm land and I don't think the RS3 will fit into the scenario I have envisioned. So I'll get a truck and a used manual sports car of some type.
A guy on another forum has posted that he just traded in his TTRS for an R8 and is quite happy to post pics of his cars around the farm. It tickled my funny bone to see the car in that environment. Not for everyone, i guess

Last edited by rs3 4me; 01-23-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For what it’s worth, word from my dealer (through Audi USA rep) is that production is set to resume late February/early March. He expects my car to be delivered in April but no set dates at this point.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if true sounds like the timeline has been pushed back again. Not surprising Thanks for posting.

Thinking this through... If prior orders through Audi reflected the standard timeline (I ordered an S3 a few years ago) and production kicks up in March, I figure a month at least until my build starts... then at least a month (it is not uncommon for built cars to sit at the port in Emden for several weeks) for the car to get to me... no way is April going to happen. On the safe side I'd wager around June.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I don’t feel very confident about April delivery. I’m hoping it can get close if production starts at some point in Feb and I can get to the front of the line. But that’s pretty optimistic. So we’ll see...
Old 01-24-2019, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Baylorguy
So if true sounds like the timeline has been pushed back again. Not surprising Thanks for posting.

Thinking this through.... no way is April going to happen.
I think you said what were are all thinking. I didn't wanna be the downer in the conversation but...unless Audi prioritizes these cars above all else, there is no way those cars will be built and delivered to customs in that compressed time frame. That's just based off of common-knowledge timing of other production models coming from the same factory. It's generally a 4 month process, minus a couple of weeks if you get lucky. That's not the news people wanted to hear, but then again I think NO ONE knows whey they will arrive, not even Audi.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
I think you said what were are all thinking. I didn't wanna be the downer in the conversation but...unless Audi prioritizes these cars above all else, there is no way those cars will be built and delivered to customs in that compressed time frame. That's just based off of common-knowledge timing of other production models coming from the same factory. It's generally a 4 month process, minus a couple of weeks if you get lucky. That's not the news people wanted to hear, but then again I think NO ONE knows whey they will arrive, not even Audi.
farmerjones,

We are on the same page on this for sure ^^^.

Terry
Old 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EXELR8
Totally agree! And how many of those 19 are "actually" available. "Oh sorry, we just sold that. But let me show you this other model..."
Yep. There isn't a single used RS3 in the entire chicagoland area! If there were I'd probably test drive it and buy it on the spot if it had driver's assistance package given the uncertainty regarding my ordered car.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:04 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Yep. There isn't a single used RS3 in the entire chicagoland area! If there were I'd probably test drive it and buy it on the spot if it had driver's assistance package given the uncertainty regarding my ordered car.
Juggernaut,

My (Opinion) is you should wait and I have decided to do the same thing.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-27-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Some potentially related good news. Looks like Audi officially released the 2019 TTRS. Same engine specs, orders later this week, in dealers in Spring. Since the two cars are built in the same factory, it all lines up with March production start and cars arriving thereafter likely in May-ish.

https://jalopnik.com/almost-nothing-...-an-1832378679
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Just because production starts doesn't really indicate what countries will get what orders and when..... We have no clue when US ordered cars will actually start production. But yes, the sheer fact the factory is making cars is a step in the right direction. However I fear Euro deliveries could happen well before US delivers start up.

Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now