Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
I’ll feel a lot better once the build is complete and all I got to do is obsessively track the ship on its way home!
Anybody with a 2019 order have updates? I just sent my salesman my monthly "any news?" email
Old 12-09-2018, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nate
Anybody with a 2019 order have updates? I just sent my salesman my monthly "any news?" email
Yeah, same. Last update I got was that while my car was showing in the system as scheduled to arrive at port Nov 9th, it is now simply showing as “delayed”. I don’t even believe production has begun on it yet. They were optimistic I’d get the car end of this month, but that seems unlikely to me. I haven’t heard any updates for a few weeks so followed up yesterday. We’ll see what they say...

FWIW, my advisor indicated (at least at the time...) it’s a production delay on all RS models, not just RS3.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Yeah, same. Last update I got was that while my car was showing in the system as scheduled to arrive at port Nov 9th, it is now simply showing as “delayed”. I don’t even believe production has begun on it yet. They were optimistic I’d get the car end of this month, but that seems unlikely to me. I haven’t heard any updates for a few weeks so followed up yesterday. We’ll see what they say...

FWIW, my advisor indicated (at least at the time...) it’s a production delay on all RS models, not just RS3.
Bummer... I was wondering if you'd be the outlier, I guess not. Delays on all RS models does seem better somehow? I had been worried that those engine changes for Europe were going to affect us, I guess it still might.

The 2019 RS3 build website is up on audiusa.com, too: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3

Oddly enough, it doesn't let you select Mythos Black paint and also Black Optics package... hope that's just a bug in their config tool, since that's what I ordered. Shows 394 hp, 354 ft-lbs torque for the engine details.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nate
Bummer... I was wondering if you'd be the outlier, I guess not. Delays on all RS models does seem better somehow? I had been worried that those engine changes for Europe were going to affect us, I guess it still might.

The 2019 RS3 build website is up on audiusa.com, too: https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3

Oddly enough, it doesn't let you select Mythos Black paint and also Black Optics package... hope that's just a bug in their config tool, since that's what I ordered. Shows 394 hp, 354 ft-lbs torque for the engine details.
Oh that’s amazing news! I had been checking the Audi USA site periodically to see if they flipped to 2019 so they must have changed very recently. Glad to see engine specs stay the same.

I can load my build, thankfully. Looks like the price increase for me is ~$500, which isn’t too bad since I’m glad to get the direct TPMS in particular.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to see Direct TPMS as standard. Wish that was available in 2018 as standard or a standalone option. It seems to be due to the Dynamic Plus package going away.

You can get the fixed suspension as an option, but no more ceramic brakes or top speed limiter change? Guess not too many were going for that package?

I did see how you can't select the black on black color option, but did you guys notice that Catalunya Red is now replaced with the deeper Tango Red? Glad I got mine before that happened.

Now to get Direct TPMS put on...
Old 12-21-2018, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's a fair discount on a factory order? I saw on another forum couple people were in the 8-9% range but UK. I have contacted a few dealers here in the states and it is couple K of MSRP that I have found so far.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by richdmz
what's a fair discount on a factory order? I saw on another forum couple people were in the 8-9% range but UK. I have contacted a few dealers here in the states and it is couple K of MSRP that I have found so far.
I received 2% off my factory order for the RS5 sport back. For RS models 8-9% is amazing for a factory order in the states.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:39 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm going to try to talk with the GSM this coming week on the 2019 RS3.
I'll be very interested to see what he has to say.
They (Audi Dealership) is part of the Sonic Group.

Terry
Old 01-01-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just changed from Mythos Black to Tango Red exterior. I think I'm going stir crazy waiting for this thing...

I'm also blaming YouTube:

Last edited by nate; 01-02-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice choice! My current S3 is mythos black, and while I usually prefer black cars, I think the contrast with the black optics in particular made me want to something different. The red definitely looks great.

Have yiu you heard any updates btw? I’m trying not to check in too much since I don’t want to drive myself crazy with the fact it’s been 7 months since I placed my order!

Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now