Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

No 2019 RS3! At least for now

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BusStopF1
Nice choice! My current S3 is mythos black, and while I usually prefer black cars, I think the contrast with the black optics in particular made me want to something different. The red definitely looks great.

Have you heard any updates btw? I’m trying not to check in too much since I don’t want to drive myself crazy with the fact it’s been 7 months since I placed my order!
FYI, heard this morning from my dealer... still no update on production hold... the originally reported January date for production to resume seems right to me, but I guess we’ll see.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice choice! My current S3 is mythos black, and while I usually prefer black cars, I think the contrast with the black optics in particular made me want to something different. The red definitely looks great.

Have you you heard any updates btw? I’m trying not to check in too much since I don’t want to drive myself crazy with the fact it’s been 7 months since I placed my order!
Same here -- I think the Tango Red looks better too, seems less orange than the 2018 red? Hard to tell from looking around the internet, but seems more... red, I guess.

No update on build date. Just talked to my dealer today (dropped off the S3 for a 75K service) and no news. I usually drop them an email every month, but had to come in anyway. Still waiting...
Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

After the last 6 months of Audi model "delays" I would hope you realize everything is subject to change....for the worse. Endless port delays, stop-sales with no explanations, production holds if you ordered X-option package, Y-color now adds 2 months to your build....this list goes on and on. The bottom line is Audi has done a horrible job delivering on timelines, and your dealer is clueless as to to an ACUTAL arrival date might really end up being. If you are trying to time a delivery for a specific purpose (like a lease expiration) just be aware there isn't ANY guarantee of a timeline. In fact, if past experience is any indicator it likely will be months after originally promised for these RS cars. Seems to me dealers are doing a great disservice order cars and providing estimate delivery times when they know very well they are clueless when it will be built. I don't wanna be Debbie Downer here, but just keep your expectations real....it's very possible these cars are 6 months away from delivery. Or longer. I wanted to order a TT but completely gave up on that a few months back since there was zero estimate on when it might arrive.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

After 7 months of waiting (and counting...), trust me I’ve embraced the “it’ll come when it comes” philosophy. Difficult as that is at times...
Old 01-02-2019, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After 7 months of waiting (and counting...), trust me I’ve embraced the “it’ll come when it comes” philosophy. Difficult as that is at times...
This is an embarrassment. How can Audi even communicate to you knowing they have messed up this bad? I've never, ever, ever seen a brand be so unable to deliver products on time. You are to be commended for your wait, but I can't help you entire ownership experience will suffer from this bad beginning. If Audi doesn't think you are owned some compensation for your wait they severely have misunderstood good customer service. I hope the car brings you immense satisfaction.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:36 PM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Question ???
Those of you that are getting the 2019 RS3 what percentage of Discount off MSRP are you getting ?
I'm not asking for your Dealers names as you might not wish to post that for whatever reason.
But I would really like some Up-Front information that's factual from those that have actually ordered their 2019 RS3 cars.
Also what is your Dealers DOC Fee ???

Thanks guys for the assistance,
Terry
Old 01-03-2019, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

$1K off MSRP but we’ve already discussed a bigger discount given the extreme delay. So we’ll see, but nothing set yet. My dealer treats me really well and I don’t have much interest in running around trying to save a few bucks. I’m sure others will get better discounts, but also, given the lack of inventory due to the production hold, I could also see discounts hard to come by due to (potentially) pent up demand. But we’ll see...
Old 01-03-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 RS3

It's a travesty how Audi is treating its US customers. Production delays and bureaucratic snafus be as they may, but where is the communication to customers? I've had a '19 RS3 ordered for months and nobody can tell me anything about when or if it will ever be delivered.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by luftgekuhlt
It's a travesty how Audi is treating its US customers. Production delays and bureaucratic snafus be as they may, but where is the communication to customers? I've had a '19 RS3 ordered for months and nobody can tell me anything about when or if it will ever be delivered.
I agree...the worst part is the total lack of communication. They won't even acknowledge a problems exists. They won't even admit customers are asking to wait extreme times for cars that were promised months ago. I guarantee you this is creating a negative experience for thousands of people that won't forget this treatment come the next car purchase. I'd WAY respect Audi more if they just told me facts about the deal, or that they don't even know what's happening...but at least keep the customers in the loop and act like you value their purchase.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:08 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

$1K off MSRP but we’ve already discussed a bigger discount given the extreme delay. So we’ll see, but nothing set yet. My dealer treats me really well and I don’t have much interest in running around trying to save a few bucks. I’m sure others will get better discounts, but also, given the lack of inventory due to the production hold, I could also see discounts hard to come by due to (potentially) pent up demand. But we’ll see...

I thank-you for sharing the information.
I'm also not going to shop multiple dealers or drive across or fly across the USA to save a few dollars.
I asked the above questions to just get an idea of what all of us are getting from our Audi dealers on pricing in regards to Discounts & their DOC Fee ???

If I am reading correctly and I think I am is the below correct fellows ???
Audi as far as the USA have not yet even started the production of the 2019 RS3, correct ???
My understanding from reading is production starts this month, January 2019, correct ???
I'm trying to get with my Audi dealership and get mine ordered ASAP if we can get together on the numbers.
In my case I'm waiting to see what the final offers are on my trade as I have the number on the RS3 and that I can live with.

Also I see that because of whatever took place with the European Market recently the New 2019 RS3 does have less H/P, right ???
I think the 2018 RS3 had 400 H/P where it looks to me that the 2019 RS3 now is going to have less.

I just now saw this review and it says the RS3 has 400 H/P so to be honest it seems to me reviewers are also confused.
Posted on January 26, 2018
2019 Audi RS3 Redesign and Specs
https://2019carscomingout.com/2018/0...edesign-specs/

2019 Audi RS3 Powertrain and Performance

Under the hood of the RS3 will live a 2.5 liter 5 cylinder engine with 400 horsepower and 354 lb ft of torque,
sent to all four wheels through a 7 speed dual clutch transmission.
Audi is claiming that the most powerful production five-cylinder petrol engine in the world powers the new RS3 sedan.
This vehicle will to dash to 100km/h in a claimed 4.1 seconds and on to an optional top speed of 280km/h.
However, due to the limited production, it will be really rare for 2019 Audi RS3.
Below is actually from the Audi USA on 2019 RS3 Specs:

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3
2019 RS 3

Starting at $56,200
Engine type
2.5-liter five-cylinder
0—60 mph acceleration
3.9 seconds
Horsepower
394@ 5,850 – 7,000 rpm

I hope we all can share information as we continue to each see and read further up-dates overtime.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-04-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Bolded a few comments on the Review.

Quick Reply: No 2019 RS3! At least for now