Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Not really. RS models always have miles on them. Even A8s, usually come in with 30-50 miles. Once had an R8 come in with 100.
Why would that be? They shouldn't have any additional miles.

All of my Audi's I have ordered usually the have 4-7 miles. That's just enough to drive them to ground transportation, in the boat, and around port. Once it gets to the dealer it should be parked and not be driven around anymore until you take delivery.

Unless they are allowing prospects test drives since they don't have any available to do so.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audifourme

All of my Audi's I have ordered usually the have 4-7 miles. That's just enough to drive them to ground transportation, in the boat, and around port. Once it gets to the dealer it should be parked and not be driven around anymore until you take delivery.

Unless they are allowing prospects test drives since they don't have any available to do so.
I totally agree. In Canada they put on the bill of sale "90 kms". Anything above that and it creates a big problems as the car cannot be sold as "new".

I've requested my dealer to notify me immediately when it arrives and to leave the wraps on it (to understand what areas of the paintwork they may buff out). If my RS3 has more than 25kms on it I will be making a very big deal about it as that can only mean it's been joy rided by sales reps
Old 06-02-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

On a car ordered for a customer, yes, you are correct. Whatever transport stuff, then taking it to get gas.

We don't allow any prospects to drive any sold cars, whether they are on the lot inventory or orders.

Now, if a car has to be obtained from another dealer, totally different story. My first S4 came with 268 miles for that reason
Old 06-02-2017, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I was there to unwrap my S7 and it had 30 miles on it as it came off the truck.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
On a car ordered for a customer, yes, you are correct. Whatever transport stuff, then taking it to get gas.

We don't allow any prospects to drive any sold cars, whether they are on the lot inventory or orders.

Now, if a car has to be obtained from another dealer, totally different story. My first S4 came with 268 miles for that reason
Correct. I was just asking why you said that RS cars have more miles than the rest? They should be no more than any other audi customer ordered car. Sounded like you meant that ALL RS cars come with more mileage, that's why I asked why.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I didn't say that, SYMAWD did

On our end, the opposite...if there is a car I keep miles OFF of, it is S and RS models.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
I didn't say that, SYMAWD did

On our end, the opposite...if there is a car I keep miles OFF of, it is S and RS models.
My apologies, I thought it was him responding to my question. Yes, my S4 car had 4 miles when I got it. 52,346 miles on it now are all mine!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

I work at a dealer. That is what A8s and RS models typically come in with. If it is a sold order, nobody drives the car besides the technician who PDIs it.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

My apologies, I thought it was him responding to my question. Yes, my S4 car had 4 miles when I got it. 52,346 miles on it now are all mine!
Hi neighbor,

You really put some miles on your S4. My 2014 S4 has 28000 miles on it.

Still so funny we are both going from a monsoon grey S4 to a daytona grey RS3.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
Hi neighbor,

You really put some miles on your S4. My 2014 S4 has 28000 miles on it.

Still so funny we are both going from a monsoon grey S4 to a daytona grey RS3.
What? 28,000 miles in 5 years? That's low. And I thought my average of about 11K per year was low!.

Yeah too funny. I've had all shades of gray audis with a couple of Dolphins before the S4. I should change my screen name to "GrayAudiFourMe" I guess. LOL

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times