Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Delivery times

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally. Configurator is up at audiusa.com!

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...0_2018|6Y6Y|UB
Old 06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audifourme

Nice time to crash the Audi site .. lol
Old 06-12-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My last Audi, not including my wife's 8p A3, was a B5 S4. I really loved that car and in the 15 years since I let it go I've thought it about frequently and fondly. When I decided about a year ago it was time for a new, grown up car a new S4 was the first car I considered. Until I saw how big it was in person. Then I started considering many other cars, including a Model 3 of all things briefly, but then narrowed it down to the Golf R and S3 as I've previously mentioned. The Golf R won out there, but only barely. An S3 Sportback would have pushed it the other way. Then Audi released the pricing the the RS3 and it was a no brainer.

Anyway, that long intro is so I can draw a comparison between the new RS3 Saloon and the B5 S4. I was just playing around with the configurator now that it's live (US) and I decided to compare the "Exterior Measurements" to the B5. Turns out the RS3 is ridiculously close in dimensions, and IDENTICAL IN WEIGHT to a B5 S4 (with a manual):

RS3:
https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...NK|4X4|5MB|6FA
Wheelbase (in) 103.6
Length (in) 176.3
Height (in) 55.0
Overall width with mirrors (in) 77.2
Track front (in) 61.4
Track rear (in) 60.2
Overall width with mirrors (in) 77.2
Curb weight (lb) 3,593

B5 S4:
https://www.audiworld.com/model/s4/01/specs.shtml
Wheelbase: 106.6 in.
Front Track: 58.9. (1498 mm)
Rear Track: 58.7 in.
Overall lenth: 176.5 in. (4483 mm)
Overall Width: 72.8 in. (1848 mm)
Height (unloaded): 55.8 in. (1418 mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
Curb Weight (quattro/manual): 3593 lbs (1630 kg)

Feeling better and better about the RS3 all the time.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for sharing, I've been looking frequently but now it's finally up.

Just built my car the way I've ordered and man, I wish I would have opted for the RS design package but unfortunately by the time my sales guy told me that the order was accepted it was also already frozen to changes....well it is what it is...
Old 06-13-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone else think daytona gray and black optics is too little contrast? I ordered daytona and black optics, but the contrast is very subtle in the pics on the configurator. Almost makes me want to change to nardo. Timmay, ease my mind!!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just heard from my dealer again and we're now looking at "early July" delivery for the 2017, pending EPA/CARB approvals. Very disappointing.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was that based on some info they got from Audi or ?. That's a serious bummer!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bipedcreature
Anyone else think daytona gray and black optics is too little contrast? I ordered daytona and black optics, but the contrast is very subtle in the pics on the configurator. Almost makes me want to change to nardo. Timmay, ease my mind!!
bipedcreature; I'm in the same boat; Daytona with BO package RS3 order. Looking at Timmay's S3 pictures, I'm quite OK with my choice however. The contrast is greater with the BO on the Nardo grey or white or red, etc BUT I think the BO on Daytona looks very nice. Subdued and stealthy without going to black. My current S3 is black and it looks awesome but is just a bit too hard to keep clean. Also, seems most Audi owners around here like black.

To me, Nardo is a nice color but it doesn't pop. Daytona is pearl effect so it will be different things at different times. Also, wife thought Nardo was ugly as sin and would remind me every day if I had a Nardo grey anything. LOL
Old 06-13-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bipedcreature
I'm going Daytona and Alu Optics. I think looks great and the Alu Optics has always been a signature RS item. If I ever want to "black out" the alu optics, nothing that some plastic dip or Black/Carbon Fiber wrap couldn't do if you ever want to.

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
Thanks for sharing, I've been looking frequently but now it's finally up.

Just built my car the way I've ordered and man, I wish I would have opted for the RS design package but unfortunately by the time my sales guy told me that the order was accepted it was also already frozen to changes....well it is what it is...
I debated about getting the RS design as well, but at the end I think you'll be happy with either one. I like the more "subdue" look of the stone gray and white stitching.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
bipedcreature; I'm in the same boat; Daytona with BO package RS3 order. Looking at Timmay's S3 pictures, I'm quite OK with my choice however. The contrast is greater with the BO on the Nardo grey or white or red, etc BUT I think the BO on Daytona looks very nice. Subdued and stealthy without going to black. My current S3 is black and it looks awesome but is just a bit too hard to keep clean. Also, seems most Audi owners around here like black.

To me, Nardo is a nice color but it doesn't pop. Daytona is pearl effect so it will be different things at different times. Also, wife thought Nardo was ugly as sin and would remind me every day if I had a Nardo grey anything. LOL
My wife said the same thing!! I agree, nardo definitely has a interesting look. I really like daytona, but I was really hoping that there would be more contrast. I considered not doing the black optics, but I really like the black exhaust tips that come on the dynamic package, which requires black optics. I know I will like daytona, but those trim pieces are meant to contrast!

Quick Reply: RS3 Delivery times