Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 Sedan Key FOB Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aoon Mohammed
Correct!
Yes,
Yes,
Yes,
It can be done by myself remotely but I would leave that as a last resort as it requires you to purchase a dongle and then install 18gb's of dealer software. I have not had a single dealership worldwide knock it back so far and I have posted these keys to several locations around the world. Over 30 different dealerships without issue.

The stance dealers have on this so far from what I've seen is that they will be sceptical and tell you they don't think it will work, however they will be more than happy to charge you 30 minutes labour for trying. The key comes packed in genuine VAG Group packaging with your chassis number on the label. They would have a difficult time knocking the request back. I've not had a single key not work so far around the world, as these keys are ordered and coded to VIN they just work.

Thanks
I would be game to get this done. Can you PM so we can figure this out. Thanks
Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So - have other people here gotten this done and can confirm it works?
Old 07-02-2018, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Are you still selling the keys? I’m kinda interested for my RS3 haha
Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice looking key
Old 07-18-2018, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default RS3 sedan key fob upgrade

Hello there! I want to switch my RS3 old key fob for the new one, can you tell how you did this?

Good news to all. Key coding on my RS3 was successful. I now have a working TTRS key fob on my RS3 .

The issue you will have is that no Audi dealership can supply TTRS/RS7 etc keys as they must be ordered via VIN and the system won't even let them place the order.

I now have a supplier for these keys fortunately, so can supply any VAG smart key you fancy.

The keyfob itself comes partially coded to VIN, the key blade comes cut to VIN.

Keyblade on the TTRS is not wide enough and will NOT work on the RS3. However it is possible to swap your original RS3 key blade over to your TTRS/RS7 fob.

I can supply the TTRS style key for £300. The key will its pairing process completed via a dealership, or any workshop with an ODIS interface. This can also be performed remotely by myself however you must purchase an VAS5054A interface (£60)

Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Bro you still know how to get this done? Im in the US and the thread is a bit old...so was wondering about it

Good news to all. Key coding on my RS3 was successful. I now have a working TTRS key fob on my RS3 .

The issue you will have is that no Audi dealership can supply TTRS/RS7 etc keys as they must be ordered via VIN and the system won't even let them place the order.

I now have a supplier for these keys fortunately, so can supply any VAG smart key you fancy.

The keyfob itself comes partially coded to VIN, the key blade comes cut to VIN.

Keyblade on the TTRS is not wide enough and will NOT work on the RS3. However it is possible to swap your original RS3 key blade over to your TTRS/RS7 fob.

I can supply the TTRS style key for £300. The key will its pairing process completed via a dealership, or any workshop with an ODIS interface. This can also be performed remotely by myself however you must purchase an VAS5054A interface (£60)

Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default TTRS/RS7 FOB

Hey, wondering if this is still active, and if I could somehow get in touch to place an order for a new FOB. I have a 2018 RS3 in Canada. Would love one of the newer TTRS FOBs, or RS5/7.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I wondered the same and never got response from the guy who posted the article. It’s a really cool upgrade that I too would like to have replaced for the seriously outdated and simple FOB specially for an RS line up vehicle I can’t believe my 2018 doesn’t have the newer FOB and by the way don’t you find annoying also that the front seats are ready only manually adjustable when the basic 2018 A3 have this feature.

Originally Posted by John Evandro Salvatori
Hey, wondering if this is still active, and if I could somehow get in touch to place an order for a new FOB. I have a 2018 RS3 in Canada. Would love one of the newer TTRS FOBs, or RS5/7.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have like at least a dozen of them available in 5 different styles... Why? My supplier ordered like 5 trays from his German source, but the German source made him order some 315 MHz along with the 433.92 MHz which he needs... I was supposed to get rid of the 315 MHz for him (US is 315 MHz) but never really got around to it... They are 100% brand new OEM Audi blank fey fobs ready for program, BUT, the chrome end cap is aftermarket, and you can swap your existing key to it. They're US$240 + PayPal fees shipped to US (EMS Speedpost 3 days service) PM me if interested, might just put them up on eBay later but at additional 10% eBay charge... CHECK YOUR KEY FOB IF IT'S 315 MHz and find your own program guy...

Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Intereated

Dude give me your email so we can get in touch I want one of these. Mine is rodolfomares86@gmail.com

QUOTE=larbel;25340384]I have like at least a dozen of them available in 5 different styles... Why? My supplier ordered like 5 trays from his German source, but the German source made him order some 315 MHz along with the 433.92 MHz which he needs... I was supposed to get rid of the 315 MHz for him (US is 315 MHz) but never really got around to it... They are 100% brand new OEM Audi blank fey fobs ready for program, BUT, the chrome end cap is aftermarket, and you can swap your existing key to it. They're US$240 + PayPal fees shipped to US (EMS Speedpost 3 days service) PM me if interested, might just put them up on eBay later but at additional 10% eBay charge... CHECK YOUR KEY FOB IF IT'S 315 MHz and find your own program guy...

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: RS3 Sedan Key FOB Upgrade?