Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 Pre-Sense Early Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Pre-Sense Early Warning

I have a 2016 Prestige S3 with pre-sense (not the basic, I have ACC). There is an option in the MMI to keep pre-sense active but turn off the annoying early warning prompts. I can turn off the prompts while I'm driving, but every time I start the car again the early warning is turned back on in the MMI. I have a US spec vehicle. Does anyone else notice that this option doesn't stay inactive after shutting off and starting the car again?
Old 07-01-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S3 early warning system can't be turned OFF

Originally Posted by dac350
I have a 2016 Prestige S3 with pre-sense (not the basic, I have ACC). There is an option in the MMI to keep pre-sense active but turn off the annoying early warning prompts. I can turn off the prompts while I'm driving, but every time I start the car again the early warning is turned back on in the MMI. I have a US spec vehicle. Does anyone else notice that this option doesn't stay inactive after shutting off and starting the car again?
I also have an 2016 Audi S3 Sportback, and it has the same problem with the MMI- it goes off for the least provocation and comes back on the next time you start your car.

The early warning can't be turned off as there is no mechanism to turn it off. You can certainly untick the early warning, but there is no way to click on OK or accept this change. You can get rid of the early warning altogether by unclicking on SYSTEM, but I don't want to do that. I just want to get rid of the early warning for good. It is a damn nuisance.

Audi pre-sense is quite worthwhile. When it is really needed, it looks very effectively, even to the point of applying ABS braking for a sudden stop, but early warning is a joke- it is not necessary at all.

Akin to the nuisance early warning system is the reversing camera which beeps all the time unnecessarily, but when it was necessary once, it did not beep at all (I backed into a low lying bush).

It would appear that Audi need to smarten up their detection system considerably.