Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Stage 2 S3 question (stock cat back)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stage 2 S3 question (stock cat back)

Can you get the stage 2 tune with just a downpipe? And with the 91 octane?

Want to run stock exhaust and the only gas in my area is 91 octane.

Also. At what stage is the Unitronic intercooler reccomended?
Old 08-16-2015, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've researched this for an APR tune. I'm currently running a stage 1 and from what i've read, you really just need intake and downpipe for stage 2. That's at least for APR...
Old 08-17-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

for sure not going apr. they lost me as a customer.
apr stock mode is worthless

with the uniconnect system that Unitronic is developing you can actually switch from stock to chipped without the dealer knowing.

with the apr chip they can detect even in stock form.

not to mention i also blew *2 sets* of turbos in my old b5 s4 apr stage 2

Don't get me started on the TCU fiasco. and the lies
Old 08-17-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You seem to have your reasons to be hell bent on APR. I've not had any bad experience with them although my experience is minimal. I phoned my Audi service department prior to getting my Stage I ECU tune. Service department stated lots of customers got the tune in their various Audi models and they would work around the fact the ECU was flashed. Therefore I'm not worried about flashing back to stock for any reason. Obviously if something breaks and is connected to the tune, then the fault lies on me for the repair. We've had several threads on this site about being honest with the service department. I just don't see the need to switch back and forth.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Holy crap you called and told them you got tuned?!?!

might as well cut your ***** off and hand deliver them to audi on a silver platter.

When your turbo blows from the APR tune you will be out 6-7k. Even if you go back to full stock you are forever marked BANNED-- very foolish
Old 08-22-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You apparently have not been reading the other useful threads on this site where being dishonest with your service department is probably the more foolish thing to do. Knowing that I have the tune, the service department will avoid connecting my car to any diagnostic machine unless necessary. And I knew when I got the tune that I might have to pay if the tune was attributed to a malfunction. Another S3 owner in my area told me he discussed the issue with our mutual Audi dealer and recommended I do the same then get the tune and go out and enjoy it. You seem pretty certain APR is out to destroy every VW/Audi product on the road.

I just got the APR oil catch can system for my car (mates to my APR CD intake) and had a question during the installation. I called APR and they hooked me up with a technician immediately who got me squared away. Pretty sure you're simply blacklisted by APR. Pretty obvious you've blacklisted them.