Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Stage II AND resonator delete too loud! Selling resonator delete.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with the OP but I’ll take it a step further. The cold start sound with the resonator delete is gross. Other than that and somewhat of a drone issue at 80mph it’s ok. At 80mph it sounds like the car is in 5th gear.

I wish someone could could make a resonator that gives us more sound. But not have a trashy cold start sound that wakes my block. Any ideas?

Cheers
Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Huh, I'm stg.2 with a catless downpipe and a res delete, and I need mine to be LOUDER O_o can hardly hear the engine at all. The other day I realized I was cruising down the freeway at 4k rpms, because I was in manual mode, screaming down the highway for god knows how long :{ it's even worse in my wife's 8j TT. I have to leave the rear seats down, and still accidently leave it in too low a gear too often.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Erikwithak01
Huh, I'm stg.2 with a catless downpipe and a res delete, and I need mine to be LOUDER O_o can hardly hear the engine at all. The other day I realized I was cruising down the freeway at 4k rpms, because I was in manual mode, screaming down the highway for god knows how long :{ it's even worse in my wife's 8j TT. I have to leave the rear seats down, and still accidently leave it in too low a gear too often.
Ear check suggestion?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Erikwithak01
I have res delete currently with a JB4. Still way too quiet for me. Just purchased USP catted downpipe. Will install in the next week or two. Was thinking of doing USP downpipe with res delete and AWE track exhaust -- but maybe too loud? Not sure if anyone is running DP with exhaust and res delete on here?
Old 03-26-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM
I just unplugged my soundaktor today and I like the natural sound of the engine so much better.
Is this something you could install in a regular A3? How much?