Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Why I sold my BMW M4 and switching to an RS3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keyeslol
It does have andorid auto, you can use the USB port under the HVAC controls or in the arm rest. It doesn't have wireless android auto like BMW has, but to me i prefer the higher quality audio you get when connected via USB.
I see, not a big deal I connected my USB stick and I'm sorted for the music that way

I took delivery of the car today and oh my, I have never been so excited to receive a car such as this one. the Bang & Olufsen sound system is day and night better, louder, more crisp than the Harman/Kardan sound system in the BMW M4 that I had and the car is so zippy. I love the steering and that engine/exhaust noise is just intoxicating!
Old 05-15-2018, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix
I see, not a big deal I connected my USB stick and I'm sorted for the music that way

I took delivery of the car today and oh my, I have never been so excited to receive a car such as this one. the Bang & Olufsen sound system is day and night better, louder, more crisp than the Harman/Kardan sound system in the BMW M4 that I had and the car is so zippy. I love the steering and that engine/exhaust noise is just intoxicating!
Congrats and enjoy the car. Welcome to Audi.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Congrats and enjoy the car. Welcome to Audi.
Thanks a lot
Old 05-15-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just took delivery of my RS3. Drove for 20 mins back home and here are my first impressions:

1- The steering is very precise, it's like a go kart and the car is so planted.

2- The exhaust is awesome, it has th RS Sports Exhaust and it keeps surprising me with bangs and crackles with every acceleration or downshift

3- The interior quality is of top notch quality, the clickiness to every button is so satisfying

4- the infotainment system is not as friendly as the BMW one although I guess that just needs time to get used to it

5- The Bang and Olufsen sound system is night and day better than the Harman/Kardon sound system that I had in my convertible M4. When you put it on max loudness, you hear the bass really pumping through your heart and it's crystal clear even at loud volumes. That is without any adjustment to the settings or tweaks, just factory settings.

6- The car handles so good as well and because it's so small, the turn in radius is bigger so I don't need to take such a wife U-Turn when trying to turn back on the small read in front of my house

7- the Matrix LED lights are a bit brighter than the BMW Adaptive headlights, like when I flash my high beams, I see all the street signs even from far away illuminate so high it's on a whole different level. Must be fun for flashing annoying slow drivers on the left lane.

Can't wait till tomorrow comes so I can drive it more. I've never been so excited about a new car such as this one

Last edited by Snappy Phoenix; 05-15-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just took delivery of my RS3. Drove for 20 mins back home and here are my first impressions:

2- The exhaust is awesome, it has th RS Sports Exhaust and it keeps surprising me with bangs and crackles with every acceleration or downshift

3- The interior quality is of top notch quality, the clickiness to every button is so satisfying

4- the infotainment system is not as friendly as the BMW one although I guess that just needs time to get used to it

5- The Bang and Olufsen sound system is night and day better than the Harman/Kardon sound system that I had in my convertible M4. When you put it on max loudness, you hear the bass really pumping through your heart and it's crystal clear even at loud volumes. That is without any adjustment to the settings or tweaks, just factory settings.

6- The car handles so good as well and because it's so small, the turn in radius is bigger so I don't need to take such a wife U-Turn when trying to turn back on the small read in front of my house

7- the Matrix LED lights are a bit brighter than the BMW Adaptive headlights, like when I flash my high beams, I see all the street signs even from far away illuminate so high it's on a whole different level. Must be fun for flashing annoying slow drivers on the left lane.

Can't wait till tomorrow comes so I can drive it more. I've never been so excited about a new car such as this one
Congrats Man. The day is here for you
Enjoy to fullest. Post pics, videos when you can.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats. Looking forward to your next update!

Oh, and send pix (or it didn't happen )
Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
BEAUTIFUL, FLAWLESS. Cannot wait for some exhaust note and videos
Congrats bro! I really like the car... It was a blast to see you today...
Old 05-16-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BashAudi
Congrats bro! I really like the car... It was a blast to see you today...
Thanks my new Audi friend, it was nice seeing you too and hope we see you in the Audi family soon.

Meanwhile guys, check out my friend's BashAudi's latest review of the RS5 and another RS3 review coming soon as well, this guy has some of the best quality videos:

Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I had a 2018 BMW M4 Competition Convertible. My dream car since I was a young teen was to have an M car after I sat in one for a little ride (it was an E36 M3) and was stunned by the power.

Fast forward to last year, I was able to afford the car of my dreams.

My expectations were very high for BMW in terms of quality and whatnot.

- The default modes at startup are beyond stupid, the car defaults to Sport Steering (which is very heavy for parking and day to day maneuvering) but comfort suspension and comfort engine throttle so every time you get in you have to click the steering wheel button twice to set it in comfort which is what you'd want your daily driver to be in OR you can program one of the two M buttons to be in Comfort for everything but this makes you lose out on one of the M buttons which you can set it for other/better driving modes

- I had the full leather and all the bells and whistles, but the quality is very cheap. Like if I accidently just touch the steering wheel with my fingernail which is not very long anyway I'd get a a big scratch on the steering wheel that I have to treat and it would never be in a 100% pristine condition anymore.

On the driver's seat, there is like a little matte aluminum plastic piece near the headrest, well, after 7 months of ownership, the colors already started fading away as if this was some 5 or 7 year old car

- BMW's quality control is non existent, I got the car delivered and as soon as I get in for my first drive, I notice the car swerves to the right ikf you let go of the steering wheel for a brief second. I know this issue was widespread on Bimmerpost and BMW released a steering rack software update to fix this so I took the car back to the dealer and told them not to bother with the alignment just update the software, they didn't listen to me and performed an alignment only which off-course, didn't fix the issue only then did they do the software update which fixed the issue. But my point is, I had to spend a lot of time and hassle with multiple visits to the dealership on a brand new 2018 car to get this fixed. As if BMW just mass produces these cars with no quality checks.

- Next, the paint. It first started after 3 months of ownership where the driver's door's handle's paint started chipping off. I took it to a reputed garage and they had to remove the entire handle and re-spray it as they told me the paint chipped off.,

Next, I noticed on the corner of the bonnot, there is like a black line, so I thought this is dirt or just needs polishing, took it to the garage again and they told me the paint chipped off as well so they had to respray it.

You see, I am 34, but I still have this childish mentality of wanting to have the best, it's mine!! if you know what I mean.

So in March of 2017, I bought my first M4 Convertible 2017 model, it was the standard not the competition pack one. I loved the car, loved the paint (Yas Marina Blue), got lots of compliments from people about the color........

After about a month, BMW releases the LCI Refreshed model with the BMW Icon headlights which look way better IMHO. brighter ambient lighting, M logos embossed in the seat in black, and a lot of other small updates. My car immediately lost the shine of being the best latest baddest M car. When I buy a new car, I expect to drive it at least 2 - 3 years before a new model is out which would make my current model outdated.

So I quickly sold my car for a 12K loss back to the dealership before it loses more once people know about the LCI refresh and ordered the LCI 2018 model but this time with the Competition Pack and M Performance Exhaust.

After the car arrived 4 months later, the first thing I realized is that same Yas Marina Blue Color isn't as blue and popping as my previous one. At first I thought this is all just in my head and I kept quiet. After another month, BMW makes another update to the LCI models now they have touch screen which is much easier to use especially with Apple Car Play!! so I complained that this is not fair, I paid so much money for my car and just next month BMW releases a new update to the infotainment system. I tried a lot but BMW didn't do anything about it, I was expecting them to at least update my screen to the touch screen version.

Before selling it, I went to the dealership and I saw my old 2017 car that I sold there again, the person who bought it from them back then sold it back to them again, and as I expected, now that I've seen them both side by side, my old car had a much richer color that really blows your mind away, my 2018 M4 had like a pale blue color, you know like you have a blue car but due to fog or haze it kind loses its color saturation and looks kinda washed out? that's exactly how mine was.

What I am trying to say here is, BMW has no consistency in terms of quality or the features you get, it just keeps getting updates any month and it's about you and your luck as to what features you can get.

Finally, after giving my car a wash, it was bright and shiny outside so as I was drying it, I noticed that on the front left splitter, the paint in one area was bulging out more than others as if it wasn't sprayed evenly.

- The next point is that all the BMWs we've owned me and my wife look exactly the same inside, she had a 428i Convertible and I had an M4 Convertible, she then swapped her car to an X5 and I got another convertible but the 2018 LCI model, they all have the M Package (it's standard here in Dubai) and so everything inside is the same, the steering wheel, infotainment, interior, even the M badges, it just got kind of boring.

- In terms of power, yes it's super powerful but I can never make use of the power on the roads. You see, I don't track my car, all I want is a zippy and fast and good looking car to drive around when I need to go on about my business but with all that power, the M4 even being on Michelin Pilot Super Sports tires has serious issues putting the power down. If you keep DSC on or even the M Dynamic Mode which is supposed to allow *some drifting* it kills the power. Turn off traction completely and the car would just skid and make burnouts, yes it's fun, but you just can't use all those 450 HP that it has.

We needed some cash in my family so I ended up selling it back to the dealership at a great loss and after test driving many cars and doing research, I ended up ordering a 2018 Audi RS3 Saloon. I test drove it and love how it can put the power down with the Quattro system. I love its interior quality and virtual cockpit and the paint seems of better quality (at least visually) than BMW's and that Catalunya red that I saw at the dealership is just car pr0n, I fell in love instantly)

another thing is that here in Dubai Audi's are super rare so they hold their value way better than BMW who's used car market is literally filled with thousands of cars

So glad to be joining the Audi family, this is going to be my first Audi and I can't wait till I get it hopefully within a week.

If you're interested, this is the previous M4 that I had (my friend is reviewing, I don't appear on camera in those videos):

https://youtu.be/kWuIeST-cFU

https://youtu.be/0JtLqcQhOk4
I still miss your old car it was the only one in Dubai with all those specs!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks my new Audi friend, it was nice seeing you too and hope we see you in the Audi family soon.

Meanwhile guys, check out my friend's BashAudi's latest review of the RS5 and another RS3 review coming soon as well, this guy has some of the best quality videos:

https://youtu.be/csUnhs26xBM
Thanks bro! I am trying to create a new post linking my RS5 Review but it is with moderator for approval.

Quick Reply: Why I sold my BMW M4 and switching to an RS3