Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

2022 RS3 Orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 01:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by clerkp
you might want to just take one of them instead of waiting on an order that may never get filled. You could be driving one instead of waiting. The supply chain remains an issue.
I am debating it. Only thing holding me back is that they are selling the ones on the lot for 5k over but orders are MSRP.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by supernova83
I am debating it. Only thing holding me back is that they are selling the ones on the lot for 5k over but orders are MSRP.
yeah that’s a bummer. Maybe they will negotiate with you since you have an order? The problem is that order is basically nothing but a piece of paper at this point. Good luck. 5k is a lot and i probably wouldn’t pay it either. 2 to 3k? Probably would.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I would probably just take it given how the whole thing is panning out. Plus if you have a vehicle that you would get rid of on hand, it's possible that by the time you finally get your custom order delivered, the resell price has already dropped by 5k.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jkliao648
I would probably just take it given how the whole thing is panning out. Plus if you have a vehicle that you would get rid of on hand, it's possible that by the time you finally get your custom order delivered, the resell price has already dropped by 5k.
Other reason is because I don’t want the tech package so when you add that onto the 5k markup it’s almost 10k over how I have my car speced.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Other reason is because I don’t want the tech package so when you add that onto the 5k markup it’s almost 10k over how I have my car speced.
Depends on how you perceive the whole thing. Given how rare this vehicle would be, it's very likely it would only depreciate slightly by the time you decide to move on from the car. That tech pack might turn out to be free when you factor in the resell price. But it's all down to if you would be able to stuff the upfront cost.
The following users liked this post:
supernova83 (10-15-2022)
Old 10-15-2022, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on how you perceive the whole thing. Given how rare this vehicle would be, it's very likely it would only depreciate slightly by the time you decide to move on from the car. That tech pack might turn out to be free when you factor in the resell price. But it's all down to if you would be able to stuff the upfront cost.
good points as well as the points over the trade in value. Chances are that doing a deal now even at 5k over would end up better than a deal at msrp on year if you are trading something in. As for tech package, worst case scenario you get about 1/2 your money back on that at resale. My rs3 was specd with the carbon brakes which I didn’t want but they paid me good money for my Tesla so I ended up in a good spot. Oh and the carbon brakes kick butt.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

For those keeping score, I submitted my RS3 order in early May of this year, my order was converted to a 2023 and is now built. ETA to my dealership is December. It's the Turbo Blue RS3 that shows on Audi Buffalo's website. I am pleasantly surprised. I had myself convinced I was looking at next spring for delivery. Anybody make any final decision on snow tire setups? I think I'm going to keep my current car, at least over this winter, so I'm hoping to be able to delay dealing with this issue until next the next winter season.

Matt
The following users liked this post:
Smurf_RS3 (10-17-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's exactly my situation. I'm trading in a 18 GTI. I found a dealer that has the RS3 at port waiting for delivery. I could order at MSRP (dealer 5 hours away) and wait 1-2 years while my GTI depreciates or pay the mark-up on RS3 and get a higher value on my GTI trade now.... I chose the latter.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farbalarb
It's really a shame hatchbacks/sportbacks and wagons are not more popular in the US. I'm a sucker for sportbacks and would have gladly gotten the sportback over the sedan were it were available. There's too many giant SUVS on the road. It's the worst.
True dat. I am less of die hard wagon fan these days as I indeed have "giant SUVs" for that purpose (200-series Land Cruisers), but I would not hesitate even a second to buy RS3 sportback over the sedan. Not only looks sharper, more functional, but has rear wiper! IMO even sedans would benefit from it. Too bad it's a non-existent feature outside Japan.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gwei316
That's exactly my situation. I'm trading in a 18 GTI. I found a dealer that has the RS3 at port waiting for delivery. I could order at MSRP (dealer 5 hours away) and wait 1-2 years while my GTI depreciates or pay the mark-up on RS3 and get a higher value on my GTI trade now.... I chose the latter.
I was in the exact same position. I have a 9 month old MB AMG GLA 45 that I love, but just have to get one of these new RS3's. Had a couple of chances to buy one for $10k over MSRP and trade vehicle right now, but made the decision to get the exact car that I want on order, and at MSRP, even though there is some risk on trade value in xx months. I did have the dealer put in writing that I can choose a couple of used car valuation sites to protect me a little.

Quick Reply: 2022 RS3 Orders