Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

Trailer Hitch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Hitch?

Has anyone added a trailer hitch to their RS3 or if it's even possible (I know Audi doesn't seem to offer one). Looking to attach a hitch mounted bike carrier, not towing anything.
Cheers.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swhittak
Has anyone added a trailer hitch to their RS3 or if it's even possible (I know Audi doesn't seem to offer one). Looking to attach a hitch mounted bike carrier, not towing anything.
Cheers.

Wonndering the same. Curt 11399 hitch worked on 8V and 8Y is built on same platform. Looking underneath it looks like that hitch will fit. Only 4 bolts go I to the subgame and no cutting and no bunker removal required. Stealth Hitch doesn't have plans to develop for 8Y RS3.
The following users liked this post:
swhittak (08-27-2023)
Old 09-02-2023, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OversteerS3
Wonndering the same. Curt 11399 hitch worked on 8V and 8Y is built on same platform. Looking underneath it looks like that hitch will fit. Only 4 bolts go I to the subgame and no cutting and no bunker removal required. Stealth Hitch doesn't have plans to develop for 8Y RS3.
Recently purchased 2023 Audi S3. Long term considering adding a hitch to attach a bike rack to get away from the strap on trunk types. Tracking this thread because I would really like to find out if any one ends up confirming fitment of this Curt 11399 hitch or another one that is compatible. Alternatively I wonder whether a custom hitch could be made for the S3. If any one has a hitch on their 8Y S3 please share with us, would love to see pictures and hear about your experience.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

If I do decide to mount any bikes to this car I'm going this route. https://www.seasucker.com/collections/bike-racks

Honestly I'm not a fan of the trunk mount racks or putting a hitch on a performance car. For a more permanent rack I prefer roof racks, but don't like those unless preinstalled holes in the roof come from the factory. With the Seasuckers you can easily remove them and put them on whenever you want.
ShaneXH (10-08-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoost
If I do decide to mount any bikes to this car I'm going this route. https://www.seasucker.com/collections/bike-racks

Honestly I'm not a fan of the trunk mount racks or putting a hitch on a performance car. For a more permanent rack I prefer roof racks, but don't like those unless preinstalled holes in the roof come from the factory. With the Seasuckers you can easily remove them and put them on whenever you want.
The Seasuckers seem like a decent option, like that you can easily remove and they just suction cup on. I also wince at the idea of putting a hitch on a sporty car, unfortunately with living in a condo building, underground parking, and one parking spot options become limited. I had the Thule passage trunk mounted bike rack on my previous car and they work fairly well so long as you install correctly and keep all the contact points clean. My wife and I bike enough that it would be nice to have something more permanent.
Old 09-16-2023, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaneXH
The Seasuckers seem like a decent option, like that you can easily remove and they just suction cup on. I also wince at the idea of putting a hitch on a sporty car, unfortunately with living in a condo building, underground parking, and one parking spot options become limited. I had the Thule passage trunk mounted bike rack on my previous car and they work fairly well so long as you install correctly and keep all the contact points clean. My wife and I bike enough that it would be nice to have something more permanent.
I use the Seasucker Talon mounts when I get stuck using the RS3 or Beetle to carry my bike. It works quite well and on the RS3 I can mount it on glass only (sunroof and rear window) sparing the car's paint. We use my wife's car with KUAT NV 2.0 hitch rack mainly for carrying bikes to races on the weekends.

ShaneXH (10-08-2023)
Old 10-08-2023, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks very much for uploading the photos. Seeing how you have the Sea Suckers mounted on the RS3 and the Beetle makes me think I could mount them in such a way that it would fit in my underground parking garage. I may go this route next season. I also fou

nd this photo on Sea Sucker website, I think if I lowered the seat posts it would probably fit without issue.
jmiesemer (10-08-2023)
Old 04-27-2024, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8V RS3 with 2 inch trailer hitch

Originally Posted by swhittak
Cheers.

Purchased a 2 inch stealth hitch. Minor customization to rear diffuser. Will need a dremel or like tool for customization. Hitch is removable making it barely noticeable when hitch is removed.