Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

UK: A3 Saloon 35TFSI S-Tronic - new order delivery timelines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: A3 Saloon 35TFSI S-Tronic - new order delivery timelines?

Hi All,

I ordered a factory build of an A3 Saloon 35 TFSI with an S-Tronic transmission with comfort and sound pack and drivers assistance pack.

Placed the order on 11 MAR 23 and have already got an email from Audi HQ saying they’re in build phase. See screenshot below.

Given the delivery timelines I was given by the dealership, I think this is too good to be true. Anyone else had this experience recently and can comment how long after receiving this email they actually took delivery of their car? 😁

Thank you!
Old 03-29-2023, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 494 Likes on 336 Posts

You have posted this in the wrong forum, as this one is for the early 8L and 8P models.

This advice is generated by the local distributor, not Audi "HQ". And there are differences in the communication stream from market to market. There are similar differences in pack descriptions and composition between markets, so what is contained in the 3 packs you mentioned will also vary. Your screenshot just indicates that the order process has been locked off from any further changes as its production slot approaches.

Currently, the surround cameras (KA6) and reversing camera (KA2) have supply chain issues for the 8Y A3. Whether this will affect construction date depends on your market - as KA2 is a mandatory requirement in some markets, so cannot be just left off the build.

Audi HQ, the real one, are currently indicating a 6 month period from a new factory order to supply for the 8Y A3. In your case, it is possible that your dealer had a production slot already allocated to them, and they have used this for your order rather than as dealer stock. But the dealer should typically tell you that, but then not everyone asks if the dealer has any production slots vs making an unallocated (6 months) order. And some dealers will not volunteer that information if they don't have any production slots available to them.

This is a nice car, was driving one for a couple of weeks waiting for parts for one of my S5's. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Shaals2312 (03-31-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

moved.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
moved.
It would help if the forum names included the chassis designation instead of "Mark." For example:

"Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 8Y" instead of "Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII"
Old 03-31-2023, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Glisse
You have posted this in the wrong forum, as this one is for the early 8L and 8P models.

This advice is generated by the local distributor, not Audi "HQ". And there are differences in the communication stream from market to market. There are similar differences in pack descriptions and composition between markets, so what is contained in the 3 packs you mentioned will also vary. Your screenshot just indicates that the order process has been locked off from any further changes as its production slot approaches.

Currently, the surround cameras (KA6) and reversing camera (KA2) have supply chain issues for the 8Y A3. Whether this will affect construction date depends on your market - as KA2 is a mandatory requirement in some markets, so cannot be just left off the build.

Audi HQ, the real one, are currently indicating a 6 month period from a new factory order to supply for the 8Y A3. In your case, it is possible that your dealer had a production slot already allocated to them, and they have used this for your order rather than as dealer stock. But the dealer should typically tell you that, but then not everyone asks if the dealer has any production slots vs making an unallocated (6 months) order. And some dealers will not volunteer that information if they don't have any production slots available to them.

This is a nice car, was driving one for a couple of weeks waiting for parts for one of my S5's. Good luck.
Thanks Glisse - this is super useful, appreciate it.

My car will have a reversing camera but not the surround camera - so let’s see if that affects production timelines or not. I’ll pick up with my dealership to see if they’ve actually got a build week allocated for the car.

6 months is doable - I can wait that long 😁
Old 04-01-2023, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update on this - contacted dealership and car is allocated a build week 15 (w/b 10 APR).

Considering I ordered the car at the beginning of March, I'm super chuffed with this!__PRESENT
Old 04-01-2023, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaals2312
Update on this - contacted dealership and car is allocated a build week 15 (w/b 10 APR). Considering I ordered the car at the beginning of March, I'm super chuffed with this!__PRESENT
Excellent!