Audi A5 Very Laggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A5 Very Laggy

Hello, i am new to this forum, not sure if this issue has been discussed before. I currently own an Audi A5 2012 originally had the 1.8T engine, which eventually blew out and was changed to the 2.0T and then i bought the car.

I do notice when i start the vehicle and put it in drive, it refuses to move like any normal car. It moves VERY, VERY slow without even accelerating. Other vehicles tend to move a bit more freely but this does not.

Also sometimes when i back out on the road from my yard and I change the gear from Reverse to Drive and accelerate, the vehicle sounds like it over revs a little and gives a small jerk. Also reversing over a hump or any little incline is a task for the car. It takes alot of acceleration to get that job done.

Now i do own other Audis but never had this problem. Also did a diagnostic scan when i purchased the car, 4 engine codes showed up, 2 of which i remember being Turbo Underboost and the other being something with Fuel Regulator. They were cleared and never showed up after. No other codes on the Transmission or anything.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
LuckyLuck (02-04-2023)
Old 07-06-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

What transmission do you have? Sounds like the symptoms of low transmission fluid. Does the crawling and shifting become better after you've driven for a while and the engine/transmission heats up?

Also, what is the rpm at idle? If the engine's not putting out enough power at idle, then it would affect crawling and reverse.

You could always start with changing all the transmission fluid/filter, engine oil/filter, air filter unless they've been changed recently.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by findalex
What transmission do you have? Sounds like the symptoms of low transmission fluid. Does the crawling and shifting become better after you've driven for a while and the engine/transmission heats up?

Also, what is the rpm at idle? If the engine's not putting out enough power at idle, then it would affect crawling and reverse.

You could always start with changing all the transmission fluid/filter, engine oil/filter, air filter unless they've been changed recently.
Engine oil change was done recently with filters. Will try doing the transmission oil change this weekend.

The crawling gets a slightly noticeable better after driving but the shifting, eg: stopping at a light and turning off at an exit i kay get the hard shift.

The previous engine was CJE and it now has a CNT.

Will update after changing the transmission oil.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi , What's the power steering fluid ?
Thanks