Discount for purchase of 2019 S5 Sportback

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
In that case, the motivator may be a dramatically larger inventory than in December and January. At that point there were little to no 2019s, whereas at the some of the large dealers in my area there has been a deluge of S5s (not many S4s though). The dealer I am working with right now seems far more motivated than several others I corresponded with in December and early January.
very well could be - most of the 19’s that arrived before year end were a few preordered/sold cars. Inventory is not fantastic on S5’s now, but definitely better. We have a bunch in stock. S4 inventory is about the same for me, haven’t had any issue sourcing what I needed for clients thus far if not already in my inventory. SQ5 inventory is very strong, and that’s also where most demand has been as far as S models this year
Old 02-14-2019, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Audi $ was strongest in December. January and February really didn't have much change on A5/S5 sportbacks. They traditionally get the least support anyway because demand remains strong for the body design.

But yes, it should not be difficult to get under invoice + incentives, and without a lot of back and forth either. While every dealer loves to make a profit on the front end of a car, it's a fairly competitive marketplace out there, so deals are always available to be done

Audi's invoice to MSRP has been about the same for a while now. There really aren't these massive holdbacks either - it's a weird segment in the auto world, because you're at the higher part of the scale, but not as high as the highest. The margins that some of the domestics enjoy on trucks in particular is huge, and then the next tier up in car (Porsche, etc) also tend to enjoy wider margins as well. All other things being equal, the profit on these cars comes on the service side of things, not the sales side. Those extras you mention always become a great equalizer - dealer A gives a massive discount, but then has these arbitrary extra costs...tint, or admin fee, etc. Vs another dealer who's discount % was less, but it might have been the better "deal". That's often what gets lost in the "what did you pay" discussion. I get asked the stuff all the time because I'm routinely viewing competing dealers offers and asking to match/beat them.

I am in PA, but, can easily do a deal down in Texas and simply ship the car. Have done it multiple times. So if I can ever help, lmk. I've sold cars to multiple forum members thusfar.

What you're asking for is not at all unreasonable, and then having any incentives stacked on top should be easily doable locally. If they can't or won't, lmk, and I will definitely make it worth your while.
Thank you for the insight! I plan to possible make an offer to them this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. The world of auto sales is quote fascinating. The idea that the business thrives on repair costs and not on the sale from the actual product is very telling haha. Though it seems Audi and BMW have drastically improved their reliability in the past 8 years. I was surprised to see that Audi was ranked #7 and BMW #8 in JD Power study. Audi was the highest rated car manufacturer made by white people. Obviously the Asians occupied the top 6 spots lol. I guess the Germans have finally found a way to over engineer AND have reliability, something their tanks did not have in WWII.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well I offered $63,300 as a starting point and the dealer wasn’t thrilled that I offered below invoice lol. But the invoice itself is only 4.9% below MSRP which to me is ridiculous. It may come down to just waiting for manufacture incentives to improve through the year.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

I just bought an S5 SB for 7.5% below MSRP + the $750 loyalty incentive. If you open up your search throughout Houston, you should be able to do better.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
I just bought an S5 SB for 7.5% below MSRP + the $750 loyalty incentive. If you open up your search throughout Houston, you should be able to do better.
So obviously you got your S5 below invoice then if it was 7.5% below MSRP? Actually the dealer came down to $64,310 but as I said before they have their $750 tint and protection package. But another $1,000 off and we will have a deal.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterWagner
So obviously you got your S5 below invoice then if it was 7.5% below MSRP? Actually the dealer came down to $64,310 but as I said before they have their $750 tint and protection package. But another $1,000 off and we will have a deal.
All of the offers I received were below invoice based on the numbers you posted and the dealers never mentioned invoice as being a pricing floor. The dealer I ultimately purchased from seemed motivated to make a sale and also waived the charge for mandatory dealer-installed options when I mentioned that I would have preferred the car without them.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i was able to get 8 percent off my 19 s5 last week in florida. had to drive 4 hours to pick it up tho. just gotta call and shop around.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I ended up picking up the S5 Sportback today. I was able to get 6.5% off of MSRP. Though if you add in the tint and protection package added at the dealership it came to 7.25% off of MSRP. I am happy with the car other than the retarded cup holders that sit right under the center console controls.