HELP! - About to get f*ct by Turo & insurance, need tech opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP! - About to get f*ct by Turo & insurance, need tech opinions

Wasn't sure where to post this, here is the thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-0...enter-2965094/

Basically, a kid I rented my car to blew up my perfectly good engine. And Turo is denying the claim. But, the car was tip top, clean, well maintained.
He blew the engine and took some steps to slow the process down and I need to prove that he abused my car to the point of totaled / exploded.

How is it possible that an excellent running 2.0 TFSI would explode into shrappnel? What should i do? Are there any examples of this just happening with bad luck? I am pretty certain he is absolutely to blame, but I need some case studies, opinions, possible ways this could have happened.

again, see this thread for the full story https://www.audiworld.com/forums/2-0...enter-2965094/

If i don't solve it in the next 48 hours I am on the hook for an 11k loan along with a car that I can't afford to fix right now.

Bonus points, if you have an interesting idea of what to do with the car... (engine swap, part out, rebuild, make a track car, trash Turo, go into debt lawyering up?)

Thanks for any response....

Old 01-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here was my baby before the carnage took place.

This is my baby, that now has a worthless engine filled with shrapnel. (the paint was eventually cleaned up, i just like this photo)

Old 01-07-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Does your car have the original chain and tensioner? Did you ever measure the timing chain stretch? If proven to be a failure of the timing system, your repair may be at least partially covered by Audi as part of the timing chain settlement.